Pre-req application question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kobli100

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So just a very brief question, maybe someone can help me out with this:

I'm finished with all of my pre-req classes for the majority of the schools I'm applying too this cycle. The only one I need to complete is Psychology, which I'm doing this summer starting towards the end of June.

The question is, when I send out my application June 3, will this one class "in progress" hold up my application for the schools that don't require it as a pre-req? Or do they just overlook that its "in progress" because they don't require it?

This class is for UCLA btw. I would have busted it out a long time ago, but due to me being a business major, I had to do things a little backwards!

Members don't see this ad.

You need to have the pre-reqs done by the time of enrollment. So if you apply this June, all your courses and degree stuff must be completed by the following May/June. Some schools require you to have a majority of the pre-reqs finished, but UCLA shouldn't have a problem with a simple Psych pre-req not being done yet.

So just a very brief question, maybe someone can help me out with this:

I'm finished with all of my pre-req classes for the majority of the schools I'm applying too this cycle. The only one I need to complete is Psychology, which I'm doing this summer starting towards the end of June.

The question is, when I send out my application June 3, will this one class "in progress" hold up my application for the schools that don't require it as a pre-req? Or do they just overlook that its "in progress" because they don't require it?

This class is for UCLA btw. I would have busted it out a long time ago, but due to me being a business major, I had to do things a little backwards!
Yes, pre-reqs are commonly unfinished by the time of an interview. This was my case. It is normal to have one or two left. Depending on the school and which pre-reqs they are (difficult organic chem or physics), they might want to see those done, but it isn't a requirement for the schools I applied to. I still had to finish biochemistry and physics II at the time of both my interviews. I was accepted at one, and wait listed at the other.