Pre-req application question?

Started by kobli100
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kobli100

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So just a very brief question, maybe someone can help me out with this:

I'm finished with all of my pre-req classes for the majority of the schools I'm applying too this cycle. The only one I need to complete is Psychology, which I'm doing this summer starting towards the end of June.

The question is, when I send out my application June 3, will this one class "in progress" hold up my application for the schools that don't require it as a pre-req? Or do they just overlook that its "in progress" because they don't require it?

This class is for UCLA btw. I would have busted it out a long time ago, but due to me being a business major, I had to do things a little backwards!
 
You need to have the pre-reqs done by the time of enrollment. So if you apply this June, all your courses and degree stuff must be completed by the following May/June. Some schools require you to have a majority of the pre-reqs finished, but UCLA shouldn't have a problem with a simple Psych pre-req not being done yet.
 
So just a very brief question, maybe someone can help me out with this:

I'm finished with all of my pre-req classes for the majority of the schools I'm applying too this cycle. The only one I need to complete is Psychology, which I'm doing this summer starting towards the end of June.

The question is, when I send out my application June 3, will this one class "in progress" hold up my application for the schools that don't require it as a pre-req? Or do they just overlook that its "in progress" because they don't require it?

This class is for UCLA btw. I would have busted it out a long time ago, but due to me being a business major, I had to do things a little backwards!
Yes, pre-reqs are commonly unfinished by the time of an interview. This was my case. It is normal to have one or two left. Depending on the school and which pre-reqs they are (difficult organic chem or physics), they might want to see those done, but it isn't a requirement for the schools I applied to. I still had to finish biochemistry and physics II at the time of both my interviews. I was accepted at one, and wait listed at the other.