• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

motivated dent

10+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
do you have to finish all prereqs before applying to dental school? or do you just have to complete them before you actually go?

diplo123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 1, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
No. You have to complete them before you matriculate (go). I'm already in and I'm taking physics right now.

About the Ads

cherr1pop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 24, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
I think that schools do like to see a lot of them completed (You only have 1 year after you apply, if you apply in summer, to take classes anyway). You would need to take 1 year bio, 1 year chem, & 1 year ochem for the DAT so those should be done. But upper div requirements like biochem can probably wait. Be careful of the deadlines for some of the schools, some don't let you take the pre reqs during summer school before you matriculate or you don't have time for summer school cause some d schools start in july. IMO physics is good to take the year you apply because it doesn't come out on the DAT and stuff.

burnzee06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
My undergrad has a pre-health committee (as do most larger schools) and they require that all dschool requirements be finished by the time you apply for review at the end of your junior year.

Danny289

10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
^ plus many schools want to see upper level courses in your record.

About the Ads