Pre-Req Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shipponz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if its a good idea to change a C to Pass if this class was one of my english requirements.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think that OP is referring to changing his grading option from Letter to Pass/No Pass

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that OP is referring to changing his grading option from Letter to Pass/No Pass

Yea, should i change my C to a Pass because i don't know if Dschools take pass for an english requirement

This is a possible option at your school?

I am enrolled in the school of engineering at my university and they started changing policies this year. Before, engineering seniors were allowed to change 2 Electives to Pass/No Cr taken any time during their undergrad. But, the policies changed and next year they won't allow it so they are letting all engineering undergrads have the ability to change 2 electives to a Pass/No Cr.

English is considered an elective in the school of engineering even though its mandatory.

But, yea what do you guys think?

Yea, should i change my C to a Pass because i don't know if Dschools take pass for an english requirement

no, you should change it to an A....i guess you deserved the C ;)

I dont have my source but i believe many schools require taking a class for a letter grade if it is a requirement. schools that require english, usually require 6 credits if not more of english. so you may have to take another english class before matriculation also.

I dont have my source but i believe many schools require taking a class for a letter grade if it is a requirement. schools that require english, usually require 6 credits if not more of english. so you may have to take another english class before matriculation also.

This is the case for me. I took 3 credits of English for a grade and another 3 for pass/fail. I'm currently taking ANOTHER 3 credits for a grade, because the pass/fail/credit/no-credit whatever you want to call it didn't count.

So change it to a P/F if you just don't want the grade to affect your GPA, but you'll have to take another one if it's a pre-req.

I've taken an English class as a P before. But that was the only option, would've loved a letter grade!

I dunno but some universitities might do writing intensive classes that follow a model from the english department, maybe this would satisfy the requirement? Typically these would be upper division undergraduate courses that have at least 2 or more papers with revisions in them, similar to how they do it in plain jane introductory english. It seems silly to have to worry about english.

I was wondering if its a good idea to change a C to Pass if this class was one of my english requirements.

Thanks

Be careful English is usually a prereq at most dental schools and having a P vs a letter grade might indicate that you need to retake English and get a letter grade. Thats similar to AP Credits which are usually not accepted for classes like Bio or Gen Chem and students wind up retaking those courses in order to fulfill dental school requirements.

Ok thanks. I took 2 english courses already i will just keep the C.