Pre-req

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

0phden0

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I hope everyone is going through this chaos of pandemic well. I have a question regarding my prereq courses. I know that most schools require 8 semester cred of Biology. I have 7 from general bio( 2 semesters of lecture +1 semester of lab). But I have Microbio+lab(4 credit) 2 semesters of biochem (6credits), 1 semester of pharm biotechnology ( 3 credit). I know it is best to contact individual schools that I will apply but do you guys think that these can be added up to my biology credit for pr-req?

Also does anyone know that does not require 8 credits of physics? I only have 4 so I have to apply for summer classes but just wanted to know if anyone has good clue on it.

Members don't see this ad.

For general Bio how do you only have 1 lab? Did you not take gen bio 2 with lab?

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I hope everyone is going through this chaos of pandemic well. I have a question regarding my prereq courses. I know that most schools require 8 semester cred of Biology. I have 7 from general bio( 2 semesters of lecture +1 semester of lab). But I have Microbio+lab(4 credit) 2 semesters of biochem (6credits), 1 semester of pharm biotechnology ( 3 credit). I know it is best to contact individual schools that I will apply but do you guys think that these can be added up to my biology credit for pr-req?

Also does anyone know that does not require 8 credits of physics? I only have 4 so I have to apply for summer classes but just wanted to know if anyone has good clue on it.
Hopefully you talked with some schools at the ADEA Virtual Fair earlier this week.

You will be able to designate on your ADEA AADSAS application the classes which should fulfill your biology credit. I would check with schools to get a consensus, but I don't generally see an issue with your biology requirements, especially if that's the way intro bio is handled at your university.

It's too bad there isn't a table regarding the prerequisites (older versions of the ADEA Official Guide did). Ohio State had required only one semester of physics (check their admissions site), but I'm sure there are others.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully you talked with some schools at the ADEA Virtual Fair earlier this week.

You will be able to designate on your ADEA AADSAS application the classes which should fulfill your biology credit. I would check with schools to get a consensus, but I don't generally see an issue with your biology requirements, especially if that's the way intro bio is handled at your university.

It's too bad there isn't a table regarding the prerequisites (older versions of the ADEA Official Guide did). Ohio State had required only one semester of physics (check their admissions site), but I'm sure there are others.
I did buy the online version of ADEA official guide and the book version also. This year's book version does not help much since it is missing so many contents but online version seemed to hold all other information that previous year's book had.
I asked the same question to few schools at online fair, but some school just did not reply since students to admission officer ratio got little crazy. I asked BU and they said they would include upper bio into bio prerequ