Pre-reqs for specific schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flin5845

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are a few schools I applied to that have specific classes that are pre-reqs. As of now I will only need 6 hours in my spring 2012 semester to complete the pre reqs for my major. This leaves me room incase I need to take specific classes, pending I get interviews at the dental schools. Now here is my question, if there is a specific class that a dental school requires but you do not have it listed under planned course work, will my application get disregarded. I was assuming if I interviewed and the dental school asked if I have all the pre reqs, I could tell them that I have space in my spring semester to take needed classes, I am just concerned that if they look at my application and do not see a specific class planned, they will not consider me.

Members don't see this ad.

Bump. Does anyone have an idea if this will be a problem?

hope this helps buddy..

seems like i didn't read your post completely. I thought you asked what the prereqs were. I don't have the answer to your question though its an interesting one..

Attachments

• Dental School Requirements.xls
    36 KB · Views: 78
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks that. However for example, Midwestern requires anatomy. I have not taken anatomy nor do I need to for my major. I did not list anatomy as a planned class because as of now I won't be taking it. I do not want midwestern to disregard my app because anatomy is not listed as a planned course. I do have time in spring 2012 to take anatomy if needed. Will this cause an issue the fact that I do not have a pre req as a planned course eventhough I could take it if needed?

Thanks that. However for example, Midwestern requires anatomy. I have not taken anatomy nor do I need to for my major. I did not list anatomy as a planned class because as of now I won't be taking it. I do not want midwestern to disregard my app because anatomy is not listed as a planned course. I do have time in spring 2012 to take anatomy if needed. Will this cause an issue the fact that I do not have a pre req as a planned course eventhough I could take it if needed?
That's a good question. I don't how each school views it, but I have yet to take anatomy (nor have I listed it as a planned course), and I have been invited for an interview at MWU AZ. I'm sure this is common, and the schools know how to handle it.

That's a good question. I don't how each school views it, but I have yet to take anatomy (nor have I listed it as a planned course), and I have been invited for an interview at MWU AZ. I'm sure this is common, and the schools know how to handle it.

That's good to know! I just was thinking about it and did not know if schools took the planned courses really serious. I figured if you were accepted that you would have to fulfill the requirements before you start or the acceptance would be void.