1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Pre-reqs for specific schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by flin5845, Aug 10, 2011.

1. flin5845

2+ Year Member

There are a few schools I applied to that have specific classes that are pre-reqs. As of now I will only need 6 hours in my spring 2012 semester to complete the pre reqs for my major. This leaves me room incase I need to take specific classes, pending I get interviews at the dental schools. Now here is my question, if there is a specific class that a dental school requires but you do not have it listed under planned course work, will my application get disregarded. I was assuming if I interviewed and the dental school asked if I have all the pre reqs, I could tell them that I have space in my spring semester to take needed classes, I am just concerned that if they look at my application and do not see a specific class planned, they will not consider me.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. flin5845

2+ Year Member

Bump. Does anyone have an idea if this will be a problem?

4. soosoolhastam

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    hope this helps buddy..

seems like i didn't read your post completely. I thought you asked what the prereqs were. I don't have the answer to your question though its an interesting one..

Attached Files:

5. flin5845

2+ Year Member

Thanks that. However for example, Midwestern requires anatomy. I have not taken anatomy nor do I need to for my major. I did not list anatomy as a planned class because as of now I won't be taking it. I do not want midwestern to disregard my app because anatomy is not listed as a planned course. I do have time in spring 2012 to take anatomy if needed. Will this cause an issue the fact that I do not have a pre req as a planned course eventhough I could take it if needed?

6. NonTradDad

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    That's a good question. I don't how each school views it, but I have yet to take anatomy (nor have I listed it as a planned course), and I have been invited for an interview at MWU AZ. I'm sure this is common, and the schools know how to handle it.

7. flin5845

2+ Year Member

That's good to know! I just was thinking about it and did not know if schools took the planned courses really serious. I figured if you were accepted that you would have to fulfill the requirements before you start or the acceptance would be void.

8. doc toothache

10+ Year Member

Dentist