Pre-reqs for specific schools

Started by flin5845
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

flin5845

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are a few schools I applied to that have specific classes that are pre-reqs. As of now I will only need 6 hours in my spring 2012 semester to complete the pre reqs for my major. This leaves me room incase I need to take specific classes, pending I get interviews at the dental schools. Now here is my question, if there is a specific class that a dental school requires but you do not have it listed under planned course work, will my application get disregarded. I was assuming if I interviewed and the dental school asked if I have all the pre reqs, I could tell them that I have space in my spring semester to take needed classes, I am just concerned that if they look at my application and do not see a specific class planned, they will not consider me.
 
hope this helps buddy..

seems like i didn't read your post completely. I thought you asked what the prereqs were. I don't have the answer to your question though its an interesting one..
 

Attachments

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks that. However for example, Midwestern requires anatomy. I have not taken anatomy nor do I need to for my major. I did not list anatomy as a planned class because as of now I won't be taking it. I do not want midwestern to disregard my app because anatomy is not listed as a planned course. I do have time in spring 2012 to take anatomy if needed. Will this cause an issue the fact that I do not have a pre req as a planned course eventhough I could take it if needed?
 
Thanks that. However for example, Midwestern requires anatomy. I have not taken anatomy nor do I need to for my major. I did not list anatomy as a planned class because as of now I won't be taking it. I do not want midwestern to disregard my app because anatomy is not listed as a planned course. I do have time in spring 2012 to take anatomy if needed. Will this cause an issue the fact that I do not have a pre req as a planned course eventhough I could take it if needed?
That's a good question. I don't how each school views it, but I have yet to take anatomy (nor have I listed it as a planned course), and I have been invited for an interview at MWU AZ. I'm sure this is common, and the schools know how to handle it.
 
That's a good question. I don't how each school views it, but I have yet to take anatomy (nor have I listed it as a planned course), and I have been invited for an interview at MWU AZ. I'm sure this is common, and the schools know how to handle it.

That's good to know! I just was thinking about it and did not know if schools took the planned courses really serious. I figured if you were accepted that you would have to fulfill the requirements before you start or the acceptance would be void.