pre-reqs galore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slimabear

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this question is posted elsewhere - did a quick search. No real find regarding my situation.

My prereqs are listed on 4 different transcripts, taken as far back as 1997 and as recent as 2004, with the following grades (both at 4yr universities and CCs).

B1: A/A (2000)
B2: C/C (2000)
C1: D/C (1998)
C2: B/C (2002)
P1: C/A (2003)
P2: B/A (2003/04)
O1: B/B (2003/04)
O2: B/B (2004)

I don't have the money to afford a former post-bac program, so I plan to re-take these course this summer and fall (lighter load in the summer to prepare for the MCAT) at a local CC.

Would it be foolish to retake all of these courses to have them listed most recently (2008) on one transcript? Mind you, some of the lectures for these courses were taken at different schools from the labs. I understand that ALL the past coursework will be factored into the GPA, but being a nontraditional student, among many, I have an elaborate personal story to share with admissions.

I will be able to fit all of the above courses in Summer and Fall sessions, for Fall 2009 matriculation.

FYI: have a Masters, gpa 3.43

Unfortunately, my MCAT score has already expired (28R), so it would have to be retaken this summer. So far scoring in the 30-33 range.

And - am applying to mainly DO schools.

I know it's probably wise to contact the individual schools, but curious about what you guys thought....

Thanks. :love:

Members don't see this ad.

DO schools forgive repeats in GPA calcs. MD schools do not. So if you're focusing on DO, I'd say you just need to repeat that D, do well on the MCAT, and package things up well with strong ECs and LORs.

Is that your masters GPA or your undergrad GPA? What's your BCPM GPA?

DrMidlife is right about grade replacement. I'd consider replacing bio II as well. The other classes are recent enough where it shouldn't matter to them. However, if you are a borderline candidate, an informal post-bacc of all A's in both retaking certain pre-reqs and a few upper division sciences could really put you over the top.