pre-reqs online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UTaustin90

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken science pre-reqs online (general bios)? Do most optometry schools accept it?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks so much! Good luck w school:)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean thanks for the post on the other thread:)

Has anyone taken science pre-reqs online (general bios)? Do most optometry schools accept it?

I took a few of my pre-reqs through correspondence and they were accepted. Just remember to keep in mind that general bio labs are also part of the requirements.

That's definitely something you should check with all the schools you are applying to individually. In part because policies change every year. But also because every school will have a different policy. I think most of them I was applying to said you couldn't do any science pre-req's online - only classes like psychology, math, English, etc. Plus you won't be able to do any virtual labs - those must be in person. The schools that told me they didn't accept online stuff said that was because this is a people profession, so they want you to have that interaction experience in science classes before opt school. I don't necessarily think there's a whole lot of peer-to-peer interaction in big lecture classes, but that's their call not mine =)

I have went to a CC and a university. When I took classes at CC that were online they were never designated as such on my transcript - so how could admissions tell? It may vary from school to school.

If you're going to take classes online, I strongly suggest speaking to the individual schools you're applying to and sending them a syllabus for the class. It's not worth taking a chance of delaying your admission or getting denied.

I ordered transcripts to my house to see if they come up as online or not

I had a similar question bc if you can't take online classes I'd rather not take the risk as well, OP you should ask admissions definitely