1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

Pre reqs?

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by Kofi Darko, Jan 13, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Kofi Darko

Kofi Darko EverywhereIgoI

Dec 29, 2013
    I took some of my med school pre reqs in CC while I was in the Nursing Program. I'm currently going on the path to Med School, would I have have to re-take those courses at a 4 year ? I've heard about how Adcoms dislike pre reqs being taken at a CC , I got A's on the them, should I still retake them, just to be safe?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. GreenBlade

GreenBlade

Sep 6, 2013
    San Antonio
    I have read the the long debate about uni vs CC. I think as long as you know the information, it will reflect on your MCAT.

4. mommy2three

mommy2three PGY-1 10+ Year Member

Dec 13, 2005
    Michigan
    My biology and gen chem were done at a CC and it did not cause me any difficulties

5. Kofi Darko

Kofi Darko EverywhereIgoI

Dec 29, 2013
    Im really not sure, can I still retake the classes for a refresher? So the med schools will know that I can handle the curriculum

6. Goro

Goro 7+ Year Member

It varies from school to school. Invest in MSAR to see which schools accept CC credits. But overall, you should be OK.