Pre reqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kofi Darko

EverywhereIgoI
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took some of my med school pre reqs in CC while I was in the Nursing Program. I'm currently going on the path to Med School, would I have have to re-take those courses at a 4 year ? I've heard about how Adcoms dislike pre reqs being taken at a CC , I got A's on the them, should I still retake them, just to be safe?
 
I have read the the long debate about uni vs CC. I think as long as you know the information, it will reflect on your MCAT.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im really not sure, can I still retake the classes for a refresher? So the med schools will know that I can handle the curriculum
 
It varies from school to school. Invest in MSAR to see which schools accept CC credits. But overall, you should be OK.

I took some of my med school pre reqs in CC while I was in the Nursing Program. I'm currently going on the path to Med School, would I have have to re-take those courses at a 4 year ? I've heard about how Adcoms dislike pre reqs being taken at a CC , I got A's on the them, should I still retake them, just to be safe?