Pre Reqs.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MegG

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered, but I'm curious if it (when the time comes) is ok to apply to med. school without having completed Physics I&II. Obviously they would be taken before marticulation (spelling?) but not when applying. Thanks for any replies :)

Members don't see this ad.

Of course you can apply to med school without having every single prereq done. People do it all of the time.

That said, taking the MCAT without any physics could be challenging, to say the least.

DrMom said:
Of course you can apply to med school without having every single prereq done. People do it all of the time.

That said, taking the MCAT without any physics could be challenging, to say the least.

Thanks for the info. and is there really that much physics on the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
yes..there are 3 sections total excluding writing that go into your numerical score..half of the 2nd section is pretty much all physics...so you better study extra hard on physics if you don plan on taking it until later

MegG said:
Sorry if this has been answered, but I'm curious if it (when the time comes) is ok to apply to med. school without having completed Physics I&II. Obviously they would be taken before marticulation (spelling?) but not when applying. Thanks for any replies :)

I recommend at least taking Physics I before the MCAT. There is much less of Physics II on the test (optics, half life, others), but it is doable.

mikeypo0 said:
yes..there are 3 sections total excluding writing that go into your numerical score..half of the 2nd section is pretty much all physics...so you better study extra hard on physics if you don plan on taking it until later

Oh poo...well thanks for the information, I guess it might be best to at least take physics I before the MCAT then.

Thanks again! :thumbup:

medicalbound said:
I recommend at least taking Physics I before the MCAT. There is much less of Physics II on the test (optics, half life, others), but it is doable.

Ok thanks, I appreciate the suggestion! :)