1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Pre Reqs

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by shawn2000, Jul 26, 2011.

1. shawn2000

Removed

Does anyone know where I can complete these classes online?

General College Chemistry I and II 6 credit hours
    General College Physics I and II (Kinesiology, Biomechanics) 6 credit hours
    General College Biology I and II (zoology can be substituted for
    biology II) 6 credit hours
    Anatomy and Physiology 6 credit hours
    Social Sciences (include Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology,
    etc.) 9 credit hours

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DPTHopeful921

5+ Year Member

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    I'm fairly certain you can find those at your nearest university, but personally, I would look at a community college to do those bc it will be cheaper. But here's a little heads up, all those classes with the exception of the social sciences, will prob need to be taken at the college bc they all require labs. Youll need at least 8 hours each of chemistry, biology, A&P, Physics. Unless you can find a blended class, but you would still need to come in for the lab. Hope this helps.

4. WolverinePT

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    Most of those courses involve Labs and you will not be able to take them online and to be honest, I have never seen online Bio/Anatomy/Physiology. You might be able to find Gen Chem lectures online, but most schools require a lab so you will still need access to a campus. Your best bet is a community college for affordable and flexible classes.

5. Hopein2010

7+ Year Member

DPT / OTD
    :thumbup:

#4 Hopein2010, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  6. shawn2000

Removed

You did physics from home? Wow, what other classes did u do at home with them?

7. shawn2000

Removed

Since I work full time does anyone know how I can complete the following pre reqs online ?

Bio 1 and 2 or Zoology(can subsitute for bio)
    Physics 1 and 2
    Kinesiology or Biomechanics

Thank you.

8. jblil

7+ Year Member

"University" of Phoenix?

9. CherokeeWahine

7+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    I don't see how zoology is going to help you with physical therapy, which involves working with humans, not animals.

Kinesiology is a major, not a class. And I sincerely doubt a class like biomechanics would be offered online.

10. DancerFutureDPT

DancerFutureDPT Academic Administrator
    Moderator Faculty 7+ Year Member

Academic Administration
    1) Cherokee is right...zoology probably won't be accepted by PT schools...some specifically say it isn't. Check with where you're applying.

2) Stop trying to take every course online...you'll be screwed if you go to PT school and all your prerequisite courses are online...in fact most PT schools won't let you in with only online prereqs, as in-person labs are commonly a requirement. Not to mention that when you go to PT school, you'll be in class 8 hours a day. If you've been only doing online courses, you'll be setting yourself up for failure since you haven't been in a classroom environment in a long time.

3) Community colleges often have classes at night for this exact reason - people who work full-time and are trying to go back to school. Look into there.

4) This is the second thread you've created on this topic. I'm merging this thread with the old one.

11. Shelby029

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    The community college I have been too offers Bio 1 and Chem 1 online in which you do the labs at home. I haven't seen anything beyond that in the science area simply because the lab aspect of it. They offer all the social sciences online though.

nwacc.edu

My (mid-sized to large) university didn't have a single online class though! I'm not sure if that is the norm or not.

Maybe look at night classes in your area at a community college.