Pre-requisite after acceptance?

Started by Nagafoo
Tags Tags
pre-dental
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nagafoo

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been accepted into dental school (just a normal acceptance, not conditional or anything like that). However, I missed several weeks of school due to travelling around the country for days at a time when I was doing my interviews and I fell behind in a few of my classes. For that reason, I'm going to end up with either a C or a C- in Biochem. Will I be in any sort of danger of losing my acceptance or will the admissions committee just not be very happy with me?
 
Pretty sure as long as it's a C, you're fine.

C- and below and it doesn't qualify for most schools.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd really try hard to get a C. A C- might not cut it. Most schools I've been accepted to have specific finishing all classes with grades of C or higher. VCU has specified C- or higher. Also, most dental schools require all pre-reqs to be finished with a C or higher. I'd check to see what your school requires.