pre-requisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedjohn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had a quick question about pre-reqs... I am applying this cycle and I was wondering do we have to fulfill these pre-reqs by application or by matriculation.. I have taken 2 quarters of english so it covers most schools, but I am not too sure about the ones that require a full year. I just hope that they just expect us to fill in the requirements by matriculation...

Members don't see this ad.

I just had a quick question about pre-reqs... I am applying this cycle and I was wondering do we have to fulfill these pre-reqs by application or by matriculation.. I have taken 2 quarters of english so it covers most schools, but I am not too sure about the ones that require a full year. I just hope that they just expect us to fill in the requirements by matriculation...

The vast majority of schools just want pre-reqs finished by matriculation. I've seen one or two that say by January of the year of matriculation (i.e., January 2008). If I were you, I'd check the web sites and/or call some of the schools that you're really interested in to find out. But for the most part, I'm sure you're fine as is.

Yeah... apart from the science/math requirements for which med schools want to see grades, the other courses (english, humanities, etc) are only required prior to matriculation.

Members don't see this ad :)
So if I waited until senior year to finish some humanities pre-reqs, would med schools even see those grades before making decisions?

So if I waited until senior year to finish some humanities pre-reqs, would med schools even see those grades before making decisions?

Not necessarilly before decision, unless you get waitlisted. However every acceptance is conditional on you obtaining at least a C in every remaining class (or even more murky language such as "satisfactory grades in all remaining coursework"), so if you totally tank it, you could lose your acceptance. Additionally, if for some reason you didn't get in, bad grades in these could haunt you as a reapplicant. So you still need to do well regardless of how far out you push them.