Pre-vet school advice.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

House_on_fire

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I'm a senior in high school, and I have been planning on becoming a vet since I was four-years-old. I'm passionate about helping animals.

I am a North Carolina resident, and I had been planning to do my pre-vet schooling at Campbell University. However, the VA scholorship I am most likely going to recieve won't cover my fees at Campbell, as it is a private university, and the scholorship will not cover private universities.

I am hoping to attend NC State for my vet training, so I would prefer to stay in state for my pre-vet training. I am having a hard time finding information on colleges in NC that offer pre-vet classes. If anyone can offer me any advice, I would be greatly appreciative. Thank you.
 
A lot of state schools offer the pre-requisites for vet school. NC state for undergrad should have everything you need, but be careful not to make yourself into a typical applicant if you go there. You can usually go onto the school's website and download a course catalog, and compare that to the requirements.
 
I'm a senior at NCSU.

We have a great pre-vet program and the pre-vet club gives you some great opportunities for animal and vet experience.

If you have any questions about NCSU, just ask away.