Preceptorship Programme

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dypsomania

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,
i have a query, can anybody pls advice me if preceptorship programmes offered by univ like UCLA are worth taking??
If you do such kind of a programme till you get into dds, is it worth it and helpful ?

pls do lemme know
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

hi.
it is worth going for preceptorship program.
because i am in that program.
it will definitely hepl in getting admission in dds in ucla.
i have not given my part-1 exam.
so i will be appling for the next yr.
bye.

dypsomania said:
HI,
i have a query, can anybody pls advice me if preceptorship programmes offered by univ like UCLA are worth taking??
If you do such kind of a programme till you get into dds, is it worth it and helpful ?

pls do lemme know

dypsomania said:
HI,

pls do lemme know

are from dy patil bombay by any chance?
can explain in detail about this preceptorship programs?
thanks alot

Members don't see this ad :)
what are preceptorship programs?may sound dumb actually i have no idea.

This Is The Easy Way To Get In To The Main Streem.
The Preceptorship Program Admission Requirement Is Only Toefl
Above 230 Is Fine.
With Ucla Name You Will Not Have Any Prob Getting Visa.
It Is Flexible With Respect Of Time.
You Can Even Discontinue After 2 Or 3 Quaters In Most But Not All Programs And Tuition Goes Accordingly.
So Once You Get Done With Part-1 You Can Discontinue.
It Helps Very Much Because If You Intend To Take Admission In Dds (i Suppose All Of You) You Will Get The Letter Of Recomendations From Ucla School Of Dentistry Faculty.
And That Has Major Emphasis On Your Applications Afterwards To Any Dental School In Usa.
I Think This Helps.
Bye.

vorarj said:
Above 230 Is Fine.
You Can Even Discontinue After 2 Or 3 Quaters In Most But Not All Programs And Tuition Goes Accordingly.
It Helps Very Much Because If You Intend To Take Admission In Dds (i Suppose All Of You) You Will Get The Letter Of Recomendations From Ucla School Of Dentistry Faculty.
And That Has Major Emphasis On Your Applications Afterwards To Any Dental School In Usa.
I Think This Helps.
Bye.
thanx vorarj for letting me know it.

vorarj said:
Above 230 Is Fine.
I Think This Helps.
Bye.

Hey Dr. Vora,

I have enrolled into the Preceptorship Program which beings in Fall2005(next month). I was wonering if I could get in touch with you or meet up with you to get a birds eye view of the program.

I stay 10 mins from UCLA, i would be more than glad to drive down and meet up with you on the campus.

You reserve te right to say "no", i won't hold it against you.

Thanks,

Mita

vorarj said:
hi.
it is worth going for preceptorship program.
because i am in that program.
it will definitely hepl in getting admission in dds in ucla.
i have not given my part-1 exam.
so i will be appling for the next yr.
bye.

hi
I was just wondering if you r allowed to work on patients . Or is it kind of observer programme ?? How long u have been in the programme and what do you really like abt it .

thanks
shellac

toothfairy07 said:
Hey Dr. Vora,

I have enrolled into the Preceptorship Program which beings in Fall2005(next month). I was wonering if I could get in touch with you or meet up with you to get a birds eye view of the program.

I stay 10 mins from UCLA, i would be more than glad to drive down and meet up with you on the campus.

Thanks,

Mita

hi! mita

i am raj and i am enrolled in the advanced prosthodontics proceptorship program starting sept,2005 kindly suggest if you know some place of accomodation as i am coming from canada :)

toothfairy07 said:
Hey Dr. Vora,

Thanks,

Mita

hi! mita

i am also in this program kindly suggest some place to stay near UCLA i am coming from canada

indyraji said:
hi! mita

i am also in this program kindly suggest some place to stay near UCLA i am coming from canada

You could call the UCLA housing office, they will help you out.

Hi Friends,
How would the cost for the preceptorship covered?Is it possible to take private loans or it should out of pocket.Any suggestions regarding the loans would be greatly appreciated.