PREDENTAL HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Billyray19

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I am a senior in college right now and I applied in August for the upcoming cycle. I had 2 courses left to take which were biochemistry and physics 2. Currently taking both courses and I recently received my accountancy into the Dental program. I'm struggling with biochemistry and I'm not sure if I will be able to pass the course. It says on my acceptance letter "the office of admissions requires official transcripts certifying your completion of all coursework and requirements, including the successful completion of all courses now in progress. All pre req courses listed below (biochem and physics) must have been completed with a grade of a C or better. If you have not provided them already, these transcripts must be received in the office of admissions within 90 calander days of registration or you will not be allowed to continue with your course work"
Based on this, will I be able to drop the course this semester and retake it in the summer before I begin my first semester in dental school? Or would that be violating the condition? Thank you so much for the help guys I'm honestly just really scared

Members don't see this ad.

You need to call the school and ask them. They should be willing to do whatever is reasonable to have you matriculate with everyone else.

I have a friend taking some last minute pre-reqs this summer before he starts ds in August. But I agree with @LogOff that you should just make the phone call to be sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a friend taking some last minute pre-reqs this summer before he starts ds in August. But I agree with @LogOff that you should just make the phone call to be sure.

1. I have to look up the word "accountancy" to see what it means... and I still don't know what it means.
2. The condition acceptance is...well, condition. It means you have to fulfill the requirements in order to matriculate. If you don't finish it, or finish it with a lower than a C grade, your acceptance will be rescind.
3. When is the course in the summer? Will it be completed before registration day for D-school? I'm sure this will work but you have to make sure sure sure sure that you will pass it that time.

1. I have to look up the word "accountancy" to see what it means... and I still don't know what it means.
2. The condition acceptance is...well, condition. It means you have to fulfill the requirements in order to matriculate. If you don't finish it, or finish it with a lower than a C grade, your acceptance will be rescind.
3. When is the course in the summer? Will it be completed before registration day for D-school? I'm sure this will work but you have to make sure sure sure sure that you will pass it that time.
That was supposed to say acceptance! Also the biochemistry course will end before dental school begins.

Thank you for your reply but do all schools allow you to take pre reqs the summer before matriculation?