Prednisolone eye drop vs dexamethasone eye drop

Started by k00l
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

k00l

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, i'm looking for any info about switching from prednisolone to dexamethasone eye drop in general. Is there any different between them because I couldn't find study that said one better than other? Thx for any help.

Sent from my SM-G900T using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
He probably means dexamethasone 0.1% vs prednisolone 1%; not the same concentration
right, those are the concentrations. I should be clearer. Anyway, I just told them dex was similar efficacy to pred but more side effects.
 
I'd say the difference in efficacy between the two is both clinically and statistically insignificant.