J

JMED1

I was just wondering, if schools such as WVCOM, MSUCOM, Pikesville, and NECOM primarily accept students from their respective regions. Because it wouldn't be worth applying to them if so. Is this the case, or not. All replies are appreciated. JME:confused:

SuzyQ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 3, 2002
Visit site
Status
MSU im pretty sure picks the majority of their applicants who live in state. Im not sure what the out of state acceptance rate for WVCOM but Im pretty sure that it is high up there because I applied there and I only applied to D.O. schools that had a fairly high out of state acceptance rate (according to this one med school book i borrowed from the library.) Not sure about the other schools but if you go to the library and check out a med schools book Im sure you could find the percentages there.....or else try the med schools website.

DoctorDoogie4

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Status
I know that Ohio U., Pikeville, MSU are schools that favor students from their specified region. MSU prefers Michigan residents and Ohio U prefers Ohio residents. Pikeville, even though its private, prefers students from the Appalachia region (KY, OH, WV, TN). However, don't let them deter you from your dream. You never know unless you apply. One of the philosophies I live by is ..."Tis better to crash and burn than to never fly at all"....Keep dreaming and keep pursuing...

About the Ads