Just Received New MCAT Towards End of Cycle, Will It Matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StillTryingtoGetThere

Reaction score
Hello,

I just got my MCAT from 1/26 back today, and I scored much higher than my previous attempts!
1st attempt: 502 (2020)
2nd attempt: 500 (2023)
3rd attempt: 509 (2024)

cGPA: 3.17
sGPA: 2.94

I have a lot of clinical (3000+) and non-clinical (1000+) experience that is a mix of paid and volunteer.

I applied DO this cycle and have 3 acceptances, but am leaning towards BCOM. I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of schools that I would be interested in attending, ARCOM, WCUCOM, ACOM and PCOM (all three campuses).

Do you think sending an update letter this late into the cycle would make a difference at those schools? Would it be possible to reach out to schools that have already sent me a rejection? Or apply to schools I haven't to yet (ones that have primary/secondary deadlines later).

While my MCAT is now relatively good for DO, I do understand my GPA is very low. Any advice would be great!

@Goro , @Faha, @Mr.Smile12

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Update the schools, and congrats on the good show!
Thank you! Do you think it would be worth it to send any new primary applications out?

Also a school that I was interested in is LECOM, they sent me a rejection earlier in December. Would it be possible they would reconsider if I email them?

Thank you! Do you think it would be worth it to send any new primary applications out?

Also a school that I was interested in is LECOM, they sent me a rejection earlier in December. Would it be possible they would reconsider if I email them?
Too late for apps.

And no, LECOM won't change their mind.

One should apply once, with the best possible app.

Reactions: 3 users