Preferred lenders for loans

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by nicolette, Apr 24, 2000.

1. nicolette

nicolette Member

Med students, which preferred lender did you choose and why? I'm trying to decide and the terms of several lenders seem very similar and I'm a bit confused by all the fine print. Is MEDLOANS the most commonly used lender?

Thanks in advance.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. G3

G3

I'm not sure about medloans, but I know there are a # of loan agencies with high origination fees and interest rates so I'm searching out nonprofit loan agencies to keep the costs down. Anyone got any tips?

4. kd

kd Senior Member

T.H.E. has 0% origination and 0% guarantee fees on both subsidized and unsubsidized Stafford. It's a non-profit that is my school's preferred lender and I've heard nothing but good things about them. The URL is <a href="http://www.northstar.org" target="_blank">www.northstar.org</a>
    Avoid Wells-Fargo at all costs. They do have 0% guarantee and origination fees, but they capitalize your interest TWICE on your unsubsidized loans, so you end up paying way more interest than you should.