Pregnancy and Gross anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Therese737

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am pregnant and will be taking gross anantomy. I've heard of wearing something called an organic solvent respirator. I searched google for one, but could not find anything like that except for "Particulate filter mask".
Does any one know where I can purchase one?

Members don't see this ad.

I would talk to your lab director. He'll know most about what kind of mask you should be using and which company is the most reliable and has the highest quality mask. I don't think an internet forum is the best place to find information about a mask, espically since you don't seem so sure whether you're looking for the right kind of mask.

I was in my first trimester when I took anatomy and my lab director and OSHA personnel provided me with an organic solvents respirator. He actually brought me three or four different models to try on to see what would be most comfortable and effective. Another woman in my lab wore one because she didn't want to be breathing in the fumes for general health reasons. She purchased it but I don't know where. It was a 3M mask, if that helps. The mask is for general use but we attached special anti-formalin filters on where the regular filters would go. I imagine the lab people can help you out.

Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.