Prelim Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocP

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. So I am yet to go on any of my prelim interviews ... will be starting them now.

What should I expect? What's the interview like? LOL, I know the Neuro ones inside out now, but I am stuck on this one.

Hope someone can help!

Members don't see this ad.

Really, the prelim interviews for me have been just like the neuro ones. Very easy-going. They will ask why this prelim programs and why you think a prelim is important etc. All of the bread and butter questions. Not to mention, there will likely be other prelims interviewing with you as well. On my days, I've had both cats and prelims at one interview. Be sure you make an effort to talk to some prelim interns to get their perspective. Good luck!

Hey guys. So I am yet to go on any of my prelim interviews ... will be starting them now.

What should I expect? What's the interview like? LOL, I know the Neuro ones inside out now, but I am stuck on this one.

Hope someone can help!

If it is anything like my transitional year interview, it is cupcake.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice. Thanks guys, that's what I wanted to hear :D.

Oh, but one ? - do they ask you to present an interesting case, that sorta thing?

Heheh, I just had my first pre-lim medicine internship interview two days ago (it was very short... only one attending for 30 minutes).

Oh, but one ? - do they ask you to present an interesting case, that sorta thing?
No, but I was asked if I ever had a challenging patient (I did) and how I dealt with it (used deadly force ;)).

I've been asked to discuss an interesting case for several of my residency interviews though, so I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for one.