Prelim Surgery question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nicholaus

Fellow
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to both Prelim and Cat surgery programs.

On ERAS it says:
"If you are applying to the Preliminary training:
You may indicate your PGY-2 Specialty interest(s) here: ____________ "

Should I put General Surgery for PGY-2 interest or it really doesn't matter? I was thinking just to leave it blank, but I'm not sure.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

This question has been asked b/4. If you're applying as a Gen Surg categorical, you should put desired PGY 2 as Gen Surg.

Gentle

So if I'm applying for Prelim surgery, then for PGY-2 interest I should put General Surgery?

So if I'm applying for Prelim surgery, then for PGY-2 interest I should put General Surgery?
It's not rocket science..... It asks a question. If you want to be a general surgeon, you probably don't want to answer podiatrist. If you only want a prelim an then go anesthesia.... then say anesthesia. Prelims in general are not that competitive. Just answer honestly.

Do a search, the topic has been asked and answered... not only here (i.e. your first responder) but elsewhere. If you really are or are not having difficulty on your application, you should really seek out an advisor at your med-school.

JAD