Prelim Surgery Unmatched, alternatives?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

draker80

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey docs, I have completed a prelim surgery residency in one of the largest centers in the midwest, i applied to Anesthesiology, PM&R, and even pathology, I got good number of interviews but on match day no luck, same for SOAP.
IMG, 200, 205,for steps I and II, old grad 2004.
any ideas for choices to fill in this year? I am scheduled to take step 3 but due to the pandemic this might be delayed, what other specialties to consider? or other plans to follow. appreciate your feedbacks.

Members don't see this ad.

hey docs, I have completed a prelim surgery residency in one of the largest centers in the midwest, i applied to Anesthesiology, PM&R, and even pathology, I got good number of interviews but on match day no luck, same for SOAP.
IMG, 200, 205,for steps I and II, old grad 2004.
any ideas for choices to fill in this year? I am scheduled to take step 3 but due to the pandemic this might be delayed, what other specialties to consider? or other plans to follow. appreciate your feedbacks.

Take step 3 and apply FM next year and if that does not work next cycle, my advice to you is not to put your life on hold... Get physician license in Puerto Rico and work for the federal government (eg., Indian Health Service) or get a ACN (Area of Critical Need) license in FL and work for one of the counties that are desperate for doctors.

Take step 3 and apply FM next year and if that does not work next cycle, my advice to you is not to put your life on hold... Get physician license in Puerto Rico and work for the federal government (eg., Indian Health Service) or get a ACN (Area of Critical Need) license in FL and work for one of the counties that are desperate for doctors.
these information are very helpful, thank you so much Splenda88, much appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user