prelim year?

Started by akim13
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

akim13

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This may seem like obvious info to everyone, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer. I need to stay in a particular city for both my prelim year and my ophtho residency. I was wondering, do ophtho programs accept prelim years in general surgery as well as in internal medicine? Of course I will be trying my hardest for a prelim year in IM, but since I am geographically restricted, I am willing to apply for surgery prelim spots if they are accepted as well.

😳
 
They should. One of the guys in the program I'm entering next year did a surgical year. Sounds knida painful, but I guess if you have to. . .