Preliminary composite score 95 .. low math portion .. ?

Started by pharmacat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmacat

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sooo, just got out of my first PCAT exam, here is my score report:

Verbal: 96
Biology: 99
Reading: 94
Quant: 39
Chemistry: 88
Composite: 95

Math, obviously, is not my strong point. Will schools look at this, and discredit my score? Also, I'm not really familiar with this, will my score probably be lower when I get the official report? I was pretty excited to get a 95 overall.. I am a returning-to-school type student overcoming a bad freshman year from several years ago.

Basically..

Since starting back to school last fall.. I've brought my 2006 GPA of 2.07 to a 3.20. I having been working in retail pharmacy for 4 years and have national certification. I feel like things are looking better for me, but I am really worried about those old grades haunting me!!!
 
Sooo, just got out of my first PCAT exam, here is my score report:

Verbal: 96
Biology: 99
Reading: 94
Quant: 39
Chemistry: 88
Composite: 95

Math, obviously, is not my strong point. Will schools look at this, and discredit my score? Also, I'm not really familiar with this, will my score probably be lower when I get the official report? I was pretty excited to get a 95 overall.. I am a returning-to-school type student overcoming a bad freshman year from several years ago.

Basically..

Since starting back to school last fall.. I've brought my 2006 GPA of 2.07 to a 3.20. I having been working in retail pharmacy for 4 years and have national certification. I feel like things are looking better for me, but I am really worried about those old grades haunting me!!!

You do not new to retake it. You did awesome
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree with everyone else you do not need to retake it, BUT you need to make sure the school you're applying to does not have a minimum on a section.
 
First of all, I don't see how you didn't have a higher composite score with 4 great scores, including 3 in the 90s. I would definitely NOT retake. That 90s composite score is good enough for just about any school.