Preliminary score report analyze plz help !!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Philip Tran

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
my preliminary score report follows:
Verbal: 403/52
Bio: 430/89
Reading comprehension: 377/15
Quantitative ability: 430/91
Chemistry: 449/97
Composite: 418/82

Do I have a chance to get in a pharmacy school ? My RC is really low. Greatly appreciate for your reply

Members don't see this ad.

Great job overall. I would double check with the schools you are interested in about your RC score. While a 82 overall is good, some schools may require each subset to be over 50%.

Great job overall. I would double check with the schools you are interested in about your RC score. While a 82 overall is good, some schools may require each subset to be over 50%.
2 schools I want to apply are south carolina college of pharmacy and south university pharmacy. Can you please check for me? I have tried to go through their website but couldn't find it. Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some schools recommend 50 or higher on biology, chem, and math and a 25 and above on reading and verbal
Some schools require that. Some schools just require a 50 and above overall! And some don't require a minimum overall.

You should be good, don't let anyone scare you, my scores were extremely similar! I've gotten over 7 interviews already. It's as simple as checking the Pcat section on the requirements page of the school you are applying to. If they don't mention anything about a minimum then don't worry whatsoever. No need to panic just check online. It's already Novemver right? What are you gonna retake it and take a gap year? No lol so just apply you'll be fine your scores are great schools will love the high scores in the sciences and math, there's a reason reading isn't weighed to heavily

South Carolina said their avg is a 70, they don't specify minimum sub scores so I'm 99% you're good
South doesn't say anything for some reason, or the website won't load
Just give them a call it'll take a minute each
You'll be fine

check with schools minimum scores for each section
i got 30s and 20s for writing and reading (but 93 total) and got into schools

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much guys.
South Carolina said their avg is a 70, they don't specify minimum sub scores so I'm 99% you're good
South doesn't say anything for some reason, or the website won't load
Just give them a call it'll take a minute each
You'll be fine
Thank you so much for your reply. I have one more question. You said that you already got 7 interviews so far. How do you prepare for that? what kind of common question they will ask you? English is not my native language, so I do not speak fluently. Interview part really scares me now.

All my interviews asked me basic questions
Why pharmacy
What's your strongest quality
What's a problem pharmacists face today
How's the role of a pharmacist changing
they'll ask you of red flags on your application(why did you get a certain grade)
Why this school
Tell me about yourself
What have you learned from working at a pharmacy
Then if the school you go to asks for a writing sample at the interview, most likely it'll be an ethical question, what would you do if someone cheated etc. that's exactly how mine went

Every interview went the same, they'll tell you they just wanna talk it's not super formal so just relax and have a convo. My number one advice is not to talk to much, answer the exact question they ask, show passion and confidence but remain humble to act like you're too good. My first interview went terrible because I talked for 15 mins straight and started saying irrelevant things
So answer exactly what they ask. When the interview is over the rest of the interview is chill, tours lunch lectures info sessions
Believe me after your first or second interview you'll be a pro and you'll notice all your interviews will be extremely similar

Don't let anyone scare you trust me

2 schools I want to apply are south carolina college of pharmacy and south university pharmacy. Can you please check for me? I have tried to go through their website but couldn't find it. Thank you for your time.
A fellow Tran!! You are applying to South University as well? Which one if you don't mind me asking?
I attended a virtual fair with them and they said they are not taking PCAT scores this year.
So I hope your GPA is in good shape! :)

Im a student at SCCP. The interviews aren't bad and a lot of it is them selling the school to you. They wouldn't have invited you to an interview if they werent interested. If you get an interview and don't totally screw it up then you will most likely receive a phone call in Feb/March.

A fellow Tran!! You are applying to South University as well? Which one if you don't mind me asking?
I attended a virtual fair with them and they said they are not taking PCAT scores this year.
So I hope your GPA is in good shape! :)
Hi, I intend to go to SC at Columbia in South Carolina. My GPA right now at the 4 year university is only 3.41. I am trying to push it up this quarter. So they are not taking PCAT this year for real ? by the way, I would like to know if I apply now, is it too late ? Thanks in advanced.

Hi, I intend to go to SC at Columbia in South Carolina. My GPA right now at the 4 year university is only 3.41. I am trying to push it up this quarter. So they are not taking PCAT this year for real ? by the way, I would like to know if I apply now, is it too late ? Thanks in advanced.
I attended the online virtual fair and spoke to a staff and she said they are not taking the PCAT this year. I don't think it's too late. I am still waiting for an interview invite. I think I won't get one unless I submit my fall grades. I have emailed them but they are very slow in emailing back.

I attended the online virtual fair and spoke to a staff and she said they are not taking the PCAT this year. I don't think it's too late. I am still waiting for an interview invite. I think I won't get one unless I submit my fall grades. I have emailed them but they are very slow in emailing back.
I have jsut done with the pharmcas application. Now i'm trying to finish the supplemental application. Hopefully I will get the response soon.

I have jsut done with the pharmcas application. Now i'm trying to finish the supplemental application. Hopefully I will get the response soon.
I received an interview invite for the Savannah campus on Jan 23!