Preliminary Year for Advanced Spots - Matter Where?

Started by medsRus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medsRus

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That is really matter where one does a preliminary medicine year if they are secured for advanced spots already? I mean, should it be university-affiliated, top-ranking, etc? Thank you.
 
That is really matter where one does a preliminary medicine year if they are secured for advanced spots already? I mean, should it be university-affiliated, top-ranking, etc? Thank you.

I don't think it matters. It's really up to you whether you want to be exposed to more academic medicine or not during that year. In terms of the impact in your career, I'd say it has none. What will matter is the place where you do your residency.