Prematch list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doowai

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not really that confident that I will either match or even land a spot in the scramble. I have read others here say that programs that try and pre-match students are generally the crappier programs - in all honesty I would take a spot in one of these to be in residency.

Does anyone know a list of programs that pre-match or may even have a hard time filling their spots during scramble?

Members don't see this ad.

are you a US allopathic student? if so, then you can't prematch. If you're caribbean/foreign, then you have the option.

what part of the country are you looking to do residency

I am a US citizen Carribean student - I would like to be in : Arizona, Ohio, WV, Virginia, Maryland, Iowa, Illinois, or the Carolinas because of family members

okay, chicago is probably your best bet for prematch. There are a handful of caribbean friendly schools: Univ of Ill at Chicago, Mt. Sinai chicago.

Not sure about the other states you mentioned. And, of course, there are dozens of schools in the new york/new jersey area that offer them, easily more than any other area of the country. also depends on your choice of specialty obviously. I'm assuming you want either IM, Family, Peds, or psych. I haven't heard of prematches in other specialties because of competitiveness.