Premed at community college AFTER BA/BS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hi
Is it a bad idea to take premed/predental prerequisites at a community college after recieving a bachelors degree?

I’m primarily going this route because it’s cheaper than going to a 4 year school or organized post baccalaureate premed program.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
Is it a bad idea to take premed/predental prerequisites at a community college after recieving a bachelors degree?

I’m primarily going this route because it’s cheaper than going to a 4 year school or organized post baccalaureate premed program.

I went to a CC, transferred to a 4 year, completed my undergrad, then went back to a cc to do a DIY post bac to get my prereqs for med school done. Has not been a problem, and I don't see any reason why it would be a bad idea. I've been accepted to 4 medical schools this cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't see a huge problem with it, unless you're just dilly-dallying and going part time. I suppose some adcoms could see that as avoiding a vigorous courseload. Personally, if I wasn't looking to link into medschool from a post bac, I'd be open to doing the DIY thing this way