Premed girls - Friend or Foe?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is seriously the saddest thread I have ever seen in my life.

All these bitter, desperate (and most likely hideous) guys who have no hopes of getting any girl whatsoever have to resort to blatant misogyny to justify their existences. You all need to get collectively laid. Sadly, this wretched task will eventually fall to some unfortunate females.

Girls, don't feel like you have to justify yourself by saying, "hey, I'm not a gunner" and "hey, I'm cute". I think I would die of shock if I saw any pre-med guy do something that isn't entirely self-serving or if I saw any pre-med guy do anything to make themselves look decent in public. Heaven forbid, sometimes you have to be competitive and sometimes you don't have time to get dressed up for class.

You all don't have to be so angry that girl pre-meds do exactly what the guys do, but just in a more subtle fashion. Hate the game, people, not the player (even if she happens to be female!)

Members don't see this ad.

Pre med chicks are cool - most want to get laid with no string attached.

Like you would know bro, people talk so big on this network.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, how exactly do you wear your armpit hair, braided or in pig tails?

cuddlydoc said:

All these bitter, desperate (and most likely hideous) guys who have no hopes of getting any girl whatsoever have to resort to blatant misogyny to justify their existences. You all need to get collectively laid. Sadly, this wretched task will eventually fall to some unfortunate females.

Girls, don't feel like you have to justify yourself by saying, "hey, I'm not a gunner" and "hey, I'm cute". I think I would die of shock if I saw any pre-med guy do something that isn't entirely self-serving or if I saw any pre-med guy do anything to make themselves look decent in public. Heaven forbid, sometimes you have to be competitive and sometimes you don't have time to get dressed up for class.

You all don't have to be so angry that girl pre-meds do exactly what the guys do, but just in a more subtle fashion. Hate the game, people, not the player (even if she happens to be female!)

cuddlydoc said:

Are you perhaps a premed majoring in "Women's Studies"?? :D

My sister is a 2nd year in college and also a premed. And shes damn smart as well (shes smarter than me anytime, and Im proud of her!!). Oh yeah, shes also cute. She helps out her friends and people with their hw & labs. But if you try to "use" her for her work, she'll make ur life so miserable it would be best to drop out of class and take it the next year.

You see, women are more creative in dishing out the pain!! And do they have long memories or what??

ok...

1) everyone stop using the word 'gunner'...it is not a term for ugrad, you'll have plenty of time to complain about gunners in med school. I never heard the term 'gunner' before med school and I'm better off for it.

2) premeds in general are annoying, not just the girls

3) female premeds are extremely irritating.

{My sister is a 2nd year in college and also a premed. And shes damn smart as well (shes smarter than me anytime, and Im proud of her!!). Oh yeah, shes also cute.}
Dude eeeeasy....you should never use the word sister and cute in the same sentence or statement.

velocypedalist said:
ok...

1) everyone stop using the word 'gunner'...it is not a term for ugrad, you'll have plenty of time to complain about gunners in med school. I never heard the term 'gunner' before med school and I'm better off for it.

2) premeds in general are annoying, not just the girls

3) female premeds are extremely irritating.
Trust me, there are definitely "gunners" in ugrad. Maybe you were oblivious to their existence, which is a good thing. They are out there like leeches, waiting to suck the life out of their fellow students all for their own good, because they want to be doctors.
I would think it would be better in med school partly because what is there to compete for, pretty much everyone who is in med school is going to be a doctor, so what exactly are they competing for? I wouldn't be suprised by their existence in med school though. I think "gunner" is a simplified word for the more complex personality trait I like to describe as ass hole. Any psychology majors out there willing to clarify?

IgweEmeka said:
{My sister is a 2nd year in college and also a premed. And shes damn smart as well (shes smarter than me anytime, and Im proud of her!!). Oh yeah, shes also cute.}
Dude eeeeasy....you should never use the word sister and cute in the same sentence or statement.

ohh, i think it's cute that he's so proud of his sister. i wish my bro was more of a sibling promoter...instead whenever any of his friends try to compliment me, he's like, "shut the f*** up"

IgweEmeka said:
pretty much everyone who is in med school is going to be a doctor, so what exactly are they competing for?

Class rank, honors, publications-- all the things necessary for a competitive residency match. Get ready for gunning like you've never seen before.

CTG said:
ohh, i think it's cute that he's so proud of his sister. i wish my bro was more of a sibling promoter...instead whenever any of his friends try to compliment me, he's like, "shut the f*** up"
which is what your bro should say, because honey trust me, your bro understands that the so called compliment his friends try to shower upon you is a disguise for the true reason they even look at you, which is to **** the **** out of you and move on to the next broad. We men truly are dogs and your bro is simply trying to protect you. On the otherhand the guy who addresses his baby sister as cute, really gives me the creeps...
bone the crap out of you, incase you couldn't find the correct word to fill in the blanks

IgweEmeka said:
I would think it would be better in med school partly because what is there to compete for, pretty much everyone who is in med school is going to be a doctor, so what exactly are they competing for?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

CTG said:

at least you get to meet his friends. when i moved to boston for school, I was banned from MIT campus (where my brother goes), and he'd make me meet him down the block at the corner so i would never enter his frat house and the brothers would never meet me. He didn't seem to understand that I have zero interest in nerdy MIT undergrads. Oh, and did I mention that he's my little brother?

Members don't see this ad :)
ppg said:
Pre med chicks are cool - most want to get laid with no string attached.

wait, where did you acquire this piece of information from?

jbm44 said:
Like you would know bro, people talk so big on this network.

omg, so funny :laugh:

IgweEmeka said:
which is what your bro should say, because honey trust me, your bro understands that the so called compliment his friends try to shower upon you is a disguise for the true reason they even look at you, which is to **** the **** out of you and move on to the next broad. We men truly are dogs and your bro is simply trying to protect you. On the otherhand the guy who addresses his baby sister as cute, really gives me the creeps...
bone the crap out of you, incase you couldn't find the correct word to fill in the blanks

I used cute but my friends described her in better words.

And I dont mind that they check her out, more power to her. She knows how to take care of herself. She also knows that she can call me NE time to give the smackdown to any guy who disrespects her. But she usually doesnt need my help since she likes to keep her men down. :p

(oh did I mention that shes also petite)

lightnk102 said:
at least you get to meet his friends. when i moved to boston for school, I was banned from MIT campus (where my brother goes), and he'd make me meet him down the block at the corner so i would never enter his frat house and the brothers would never meet me. He didn't seem to understand that I have zero interest in nerdy MIT undergrads. Oh, and did I mention that he's my little brother?

My sister also doesnt like it when I pass by her campus. If I ask "whos was your friend back there?", she says "Shes not available." Well, its not my fault that her friends are hitting on/flirting w/ me!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Dr. Donkey said:
So, how exactly do you wear your armpit hair, braided or in pig tails?

I can't believe nobody has commented on this yet. Definitely the post of the day--Dr. Donkey you're a pimp.

watch out for that speed bump

haha It is like a drug :laugh: but we can't stop........ :eek:

but pre-med girls. Some are nice and some are just pure evil. Thus far, I find pre-pharmacy girls much fun to be with. Considering I am asian and yeah most girls are in the pharmacy track......... how sad for me........ :laugh: But hey pharmacy school is right next door :idea:

lightnk102 said:
Men complain about women all the time. And yet you all want one.

seriously, this is pretty sad. those of you who agree with the OP are generalizing like crazy. competition is natural for guys somehow and not for girls? tsk tsk tsk sad indeed.

cuddlydoc said:

ok, girls, this is a serious question.
when your in the library studying, and then you take a break, do you ever feel like hooking up with a guy there in the library for a "stress relief", so to speak??

I don't feel like hooking up with a girl. But I remember one of my friend told me that the reason girls do so well in classes and guys don't is because guys are too busy trying to get these girls that only focus on their studies. GUYS U GOT TO REALIZE THAT THESE GIRLS ARE OUR COMPETITION TOO. WE MUST RESIST THE ARSE :D :idea:

jtank said:
when your in the library studying, and then you take a break, do you ever feel like hooking up with a guy there in the library for a "stress relief", so to speak??

yes. ;)

do you look like your avatar? because i have a thing for rock stars.

jtank said:
when your in the library studying, and then you take a break, do you ever feel like hooking up with a guy there in the library for a "stress relief", so to speak??[/QU
i can honestly say this has never occurred...once i'm in study mode, guys are the last thing on my mind...y, does that happen to u often?

jtank said:

LOL, are you serious??

Not at the library.....

CTG said:
i can honestly say this has never occurred...once i'm in study mode, guys are the last thing on my mind...y, does that happen to u often?

maybe its just me then, but when im in the library andi see a hot girl, i cant study anymore, its too distracting.

cuddlydoc said:
All these bitter, desperate (and most likely hideous) guys who have no hopes of getting any girl whatsoever have to resort to blatant misogyny to justify their existences. You all need to get collectively laid. Sadly, this wretched task will eventually fall to some unfortunate females....I think I would die of shock if I saw any pre-med guy do something that isn't entirely self-serving or if I saw any pre-med guy do anything to make themselves look decent in public.
:rolleyes: generalizations much?

byeh2004 said:
most of my friends are pre-dental, pre-vet, pharm, or straight bio

other premeds just love to eat you alive
:laugh: haha, exactly. I'm engaged to a nursing student, and some of my best friends are pre-pharm, pre-PA, nursing, med tech, or bio/chem majors. I don't know that many pre-med girls. Some of them are cool, but there's one who kind of rubs me the wrong way.....

As an ex-pre-med, I was never a "fight to the death" type. Everybody was about their own thing (then again, I went to Oberlin...). I was also the hot girl and the party girl and the smart girl. So everything seemed to work out fine and I consider myself lucky. For the first 2 yrs-ish, I had a bf, but aside from that... I was usually in total massive-attack study mode for finals or a paper or something when I was physically in the library. It was just usually too distracting. However, if I was there just to use the time between classes and I was stressed.... hell ya I was looking for a study break. We're all human ;-)

TheProwler said:
:laugh: haha, exactly. I'm engaged to a nursing student, and some of my best friends are pre-pharm, pre-PA, nursing, med tech, or bio/chem majors. I don't know that many pre-med girls. Some of them are cool, but there's one who kind of rubs me the wrong way.....

Tell her I feel sorry for her :p J/k :)

jennben4 said:
I was also the hot girl and the party girl and the smart girl.

really? care to share a pic? :)

let me see if my AIM still works (i had issues post-SP2). you have it?

TTSD said:
Are premed girls the most dangerous species on the planet?

I would argue so. They might look cute and innocent.. but they have vicious claws!

"When premeds attack! Next on Fox!"

:)

You took the worlds right out of my mouth.

These girls act like they're your friends, and act submissive, but then they slit your throat.

this is a pretty damn funny thread, and although i am a female i can totally relate... there are so many freaking annoying premed chicks that talk so much about partying, but have i ever seen them at a bar on a tues (or friday or saturday for that matter if there is a test within 3 weeks)?? hell no. ive had a ton of guy friends get burned by these chicks, when they realize the relationship will involve being their bitch and going to the dining hall 3 times a week during non-testing time... i will however defend wearing sweats to class until the day i die, its usually the "gunners" that dress up and thats annoying... youre going to class to study, so what the hell is being wrong with being hungover and comfortable. advice to all the youngins out there is to get many non premed friends, because youll encounter a lot of the premeds (females and males) that are not that fun or to hardcore to remember how to be fun.

i want to bang a hot (or cute... i'll settle for less) premed chick.
there's no one left in med school. they're all married or taken.

yeah sweats!!! i was totally the hung-over chick in the dance pants. i tried to dress decently once and a while, but i was all about having a life. then get as much sleep as necessary and maximize study time by rolling out of bed. the gunners are the ones that have to look perfect and professional all the time. i know, i was that girl in high school. then i realized that it doesn't matter yet so why waste my time? i'd rather have an awesome night at quarter beers and roll into physics wednesday morning instead of being bright-eyed and bushy-talied, ready to kiss ass at any time. and hey, i got into med school so it's all good right?

YouDontKnowJack said:

duh, who doesnt. unfortunately they are far and few between, unless you go the freshman route :cool:

YouDontKnowJack said:
there's no one left in med school. they're all married or taken.

I just can't stand most female premeds/meds.

They are so feministic/sexist it makes my stomach churn.

You try to be nice to one of these girls whom you like and want to go out with, and she just takes advantage of you.

Lesson learned: Don't help out any woman. Ever.

jennben4 said:
yeah sweats!!! i was totally the hung-over chick in the dance pants. i tried to dress decently once and a while, but i was all about having a life. then get as much sleep as necessary and maximize study time by rolling out of bed. the gunners are the ones that have to look perfect and professional all the time. i know, i was that girl in high school. then i realized that it doesn't matter yet so why waste my time? i'd rather have an awesome night at quarter beers and roll into physics wednesday morning instead of being bright-eyed and bushy-talied, ready to kiss ass at any time. and hey, i got into med school so it's all good right?

the only time i wore makeup to class was when it was left on from the night before... classy i know.

akanene said:
the only time i wore makeup to class was when it was left on from the night before... classy i know.

I am always well-dressed for class (Khakis and a collared Tommy shirt or something)

Surely females can put on something else other than sweatpants with their hair in a ponytail....

I like to dress up too...but! then I go to class in my little skirt and other premed girls make me feel bad about it...like..why are you dressed up? Has anyone had that feeling? It's weird...and it's almost like they make sure they "turn you" because then before you know it, you're wearing sweats! so yea....

I think there's a positive correlation between dressing nice and grades though :) When you dress nice, you feel good, or maybe because you didn't have to study so much and you have time to put on makeup?

BlinkyCat said:
I like to dress up too...but! then I go to class in my little skirt and other premed girls make me feel bad about it...like..why are you dressed up? Has anyone had that feeling? It's weird...and it's almost like they make sure they "turn you" because then before you know it, you're wearing sweats! so yea....

I think there's a positive correlation between dressing nice and grades though :) When you dress nice, you feel good, or maybe because you didn't have to study so much and you have time to put on makeup?

^ The girls who make you feel bad about wearing a skirt are probably jealous of you.

I always dress well fore class. Not only does it get many stares from the ladies :p but it also develops a good relationship with the professor.

BlinkyCat said:

so do the other girls really ask you that question, or is it the look on their face? either way, they are jealous of you, im sure.

i also agree that dressing nice makes you feel good. :thumbup: although im not sure how much the professor notices since there are many people in the class...

Gexar said:
I am always well-dressed for class (Khakis and a collared Tommy shirt or something)

Surely females can put on something else other than sweatpants with their hair in a ponytail....

1. im under the opinion that you should not be wearing khakis unless you are meeting your girlfriend's parents or going to church (where do you go to school?? ton of dorky-khaki-premed-wearers at my midwest school... not trying to judge just stating my personal taste)
2. who really gives a damn what i wear to class?
3. most of the kids that were in my classes i had absolutely no interest in dating anyway bc they are gunners that wear khakis (or tight jeans... awful)
4. i save dressing up for going out and save my sweats (which a lot of guys think are cute when worn with the right ass) for class, bc sleep is clearly more important than the kid in biochem
5. come on people where are the priorities... stop caring so much what people think about you

Has anyone noticed that 90% of premeds, male and female, are probably in the 30th percentile in terms of attractiveness?

I prefer business girls.. almost as competitive but more importantly.. hotter + more vibrant personalities

Warning: 10% do not follow this claim so you might be one of the good looking charming people.. therefore, do not have to disagree.. if you are one of those who does disagree.. you ugly :laugh:

akanene said:
4. i save dressing up for going out and save my sweats (which a lot of guys think are cute when worn with the right ass) for class, bc sleep is clearly more important than the kid in biochem

hence what is wrong with the biological sciences.. small # of girls.. and the girls that are in the class, have wierd moustasches growing, hairy legs, etc.. just not REAL females that men are attracted to..
plus, if you are an attractive female, I don't blame you for not dressing up to biochem.. 90% of the people in the class look ******ed..

BlinkyCat said:

im positive i never gave dirty look to girls that dressed up, but i did always wonder why they were wearing cutsy skirts to class... its not like its a freaking summer picnic, so i never got the point. youre sitting in a lecture learning about gravity, so why spend the time?? unless youre looking to pick up dudes as you walk into class, but that seems like a security issue there.. but hell if you want to wear a skirt, do it and dont care what others think. and your correlation theory i think is a personal thing bc putting on makeup has nothing to do with how i do on a test.

BlinkyCat said:
LOL, are you serious??

Not at the library.....

only in the bedroom.... :sleep: boring.. i would hate to be your partner :laugh:

xSTALLiONx said:
only in the bedroom.... :sleep: boring.. i would hate to be your partner :laugh:

exactly! premed girls need to learn to think outside the box, or bedroom in this case. :cool:

xSTALLiONx said:
hence what is wrong with the biological sciences.. small # of girls.. and the girls that are in the class, have wierd moustasches growing, hairy legs, etc.. just not REAL females that men are attracted to..
plus, if you are an attractive female, I don't blame you for not dressing up to biochem.. 90% of the people in the class look ******ed..

amen... and same goes for the dudes in premed (not that fun and not that cute.... generalizing of course so dont freak out gunners)... i again post my advice for the youngins.. GET NON-PREMED FRIENDS... alright ive wasted way too much of my life on this thread... im out.