premed nightmare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mimimi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i think i might have caught something while i was volunteering in the ed, but since last night i've had to use the toilet like every hour or so since then. there isn't really much they can do, saying i have some kind of weird stomach bug that's causing me to totally stress out because i have an interview at my top school tomorrow :(. what's worse is all this stress is causing me break out like crazy. so now i look like poo and i can't stop pooping. what would you guys do?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Call the school, explain the GI bug, and ask to reschedule. No one wants to run the risk of catching what you have so I think that the office will be happy to reschedule. (I just hope that you haven't traveled a long way)

Take Immodium... it is a miracle worker.

i would travel tomrrow morning, not too far, but my problem is missing more work to go to the interview.

immodium doesn't work, it actually made me feel more sick :scared:

Drink plenty of fluids, keep well hydrated, and let it run its course. If it is getting worse or you see no improvements in a couple days, see a doctor. Don't take Immodium. Wash your hands.

Call the admission office - ask to reschedule (avoid nasty details - just tell them you got a nasty stomach bug and that you're under the weather because of it)

You want to put your best foot forward during the interview. You also don't want your interviewer to remember you by giving him/her the bug too.