PREMED post baccs??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

undergrad13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am graduating with a BA but I don't have any science courses. I wish to take them all in a program that will help gain a smooth transition to medical school. Please help. I don't care what state or territory it's in.
I already know about neomed/csu post bacc. I am applying there as well
I just need more programs like that to apply to

Members don't see this ad.

Where are you from/would like to live for 2+ years? I know you say you don't care, but wait until you're learning aldol condensations and there isn't a familiar face within 100 miles ;)

Where are you from/would like to live for 2+ years? I know you say you don't care, but wait until you're learning aldol condensations and there isn't a familiar face within 100 miles ;)
I live in the Midwest. I really don't care where I end up as long as it's a US school that will allow me to get into US medical school

Members don't see this ad :)
I live in the Midwest. I really don't care where I end up as long as it's a US school that will allow me to get into US medical school
Start with this: https://apps.aamc.org/postbac/#/index

What you're looking for is essentially a career change program. You will have to take all of the prerequisites (correct?) in addition to the MCAT for application to DO and MD programs. Of course, I also strongly recommend clinical work such as volunteering and some research experience.

Start with this: https://apps.aamc.org/postbac/#/index

What you're looking for is essentially a career change program. You will have to take all of the prerequisites (correct?) in addition to the MCAT for application to DO and MD programs. Of course, I also strongly recommend clinical work such as volunteering and some research experience.
Thanks

Reactions: 1 user

I am a non-trad applicant as well (also have a BA). I did the post bacc program at Loyola University in Chicago. It has its good/bad things but they do give you a committee letter of recommendation which I know some schools like, but it is really expensive. There is a big pre-med community at the school, and lots of post-baccs which keeps you engaged, I was able to make some good friends which was awesome and helped me get through this process. Also do focus on getting some clinical experience, it can make a huge difference on your app and help you get some rec letters.

Reactions: 1 user
Google is your friend

I am graduating with a BA but I don't have any science courses. I wish to take them all in a program that will help gain a smooth transition to medical school. Please help. I don't care what state or territory it's in.
I already know about neomed/csu post bacc. I am applying there as well
I just need more programs like that to apply to

Reactions: 1 users
Bryn Mawr has a great 1 yr program
Goucher College
UVA is also 1 year
Columbia has a big program (2 yrs)
NYU is smaller (2 years)
Johns Hopkins

they all have linkage programs, but those aren't a guarantee.

they all have linkage programs, but those aren't a guarantee.
The linkages though can guarantee an interview, and if you've done well in the postbacc and MCAT your pretty much in medical school. Getting that interview is what's needed by most people.

I'm currently a nontrad postbacc student at CSUEB and I think it's a great environment with tons of resources. The postbacc director and counselors are super helpful and help you reach your goals. There aren't any linkages but there are a lot of opportunities in research and clinical settings since it's in the bay area.