Prep Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

larrry

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you're interested in a course where they let you take several practice exams and give you the solutions to those exams, but you're not interested in attending any lectures, which one should you take and how much it costs? Which companies give the most realistic exams(i.e. similar in content to EK or AAMC) also if you're taking the august exam, when you take that course at the latest? ideally i'd like to do something like practice tests throughout june and july...

Members don't see this ad.

BrettBatchelor said:
You could take the online kaplan course.
huh? i'm not interested in any online material. i am interested in taking paper based tests offline under standard conditions.

Well with the online, you arent expected to attend the lectures and can print off the tests and take them under timed conditions.

If you take the classroom you are expected to show up but they do have the 5 tests that they keep time on.

Members don't see this ad :)
just buy some AAMC exams and find a friend/family member to proctor your exams. If your goal is to do 10+ exams then you should take TPR/kaplan.

It's expensive to pay for these courses only for getting proctered exams in my opinion.

Would these types of courses be recommended for someone that had most of the pre-req's a while ago (7-10 years ago), but has taken some of the pre-req's recently? I'm wondering if it would be worth my time and money to take the review course and the exams...not to mention the fact it might make me stick to a study schedule...I could see myself not doing that too well with working full time...

thanks for the advice. i think i'll take the full classroom version of tpr.