1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

preparation for nbde

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by n_up75, Nov 21, 2005.

1. hi all,
    i am a qualified dentist from india currently residing in germany. i want to start the preaparation for nbde part 1 but i dont know how to start it. what study material do i need for preparation and also which refernce books to referr. i am almost out of touch with studies since 4 years . so i have to start from begnining.
    if there is some body who can advice me how to start the staudies and also regarding materials from where to get them. i will be very thankful if there is some one who can help me.

thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. futurdentist

futurdentist Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi,
    You will probably need the dental decks. www.dentaldecks.com , I think that's their website. You need previously released examinations , and you might also want to get the Kaplan review book.
    If you want to buy a new decks ,go to their website. As far as I know the Kaplan book is not sold , u must either take their course or buy their book from someone who has taken it. I would suggest you keep in touch with this forum, you will probably find someone trying to sell his study materials (this way u save some money). You should also check the sales and advertisement section of the forum.

Good Luck!

4. reet

reet Member
    7+ Year Member

hi
    n_up75 you will also need your text books besides the practice material ie previous nbd papers ,nbd review, desk,kaplan review....
    reet

5. hi reet ,
    thanks alot for ur help. can u pls advice me from where can i arrange for all these materials . if it wont take your much time can you just write me which all authors text books to refer. i have the ones which i studied during my bds. are these text books enough or shud i consult some specific authors books.
    will be graet help if u can just advice me.

thanx

6. hi futurdentist,

thanks alot. i will check the web site suggested by you and also keep in touch with this forum .

7. reet

reet Member
    7+ Year Member

surely i'll be gald to help u .........books r same which we used back in india .basically these books r jst for concept.......plus u can use kaplan review which i found useful and for mcqs use desk,nbd papers
    hope this help
    reet

8. hi reet,
    thanks alot for ur help. i think i must also start looking for kaplan materials ,,decks ,nbd review papers .