1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

preparation for nbde

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by n_up75, Nov 21, 2005.

1. hi all,
    i am a qualified dentist from india currently residing in germany. i want to start the preaparation for nbde part 1 but i dont know how to start it. what study material do i need for preparation and also which refernce books to referr. i am almost out of touch with studies since 4 years . so i have to start from begnining.
    if there is some body who can advice me how to start the staudies and also regarding materials from where to get them. i will be very thankful if there is some one who can help me.

thanks.

2. futurdentist

futurdentist Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi,
    You will probably need the dental decks. www.dentaldecks.com , I think that's their website. You need previously released examinations , and you might also want to get the Kaplan review book.
    If you want to buy a new decks ,go to their website. As far as I know the Kaplan book is not sold , u must either take their course or buy their book from someone who has taken it. I would suggest you keep in touch with this forum, you will probably find someone trying to sell his study materials (this way u save some money). You should also check the sales and advertisement section of the forum.

Good Luck!

3. reet

reet Member
    7+ Year Member

hi
    n_up75 you will also need your text books besides the practice material ie previous nbd papers ,nbd review, desk,kaplan review....
    reet

4. hi reet ,
    thanks alot for ur help. can u pls advice me from where can i arrange for all these materials . if it wont take your much time can you just write me which all authors text books to refer. i have the ones which i studied during my bds. are these text books enough or shud i consult some specific authors books.
    will be graet help if u can just advice me.

thanx

5. hi futurdentist,

thanks alot. i will check the web site suggested by you and also keep in touch with this forum .

6. reet

reet Member
    7+ Year Member

surely i'll be gald to help u .........books r same which we used back in india .basically these books r jst for concept.......plus u can use kaplan review which i found useful and for mcqs use desk,nbd papers
    hope this help
    reet

7. hi reet,
    thanks alot for ur help. i think i must also start looking for kaplan materials ,,decks ,nbd review papers .