• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

francais7979

french7979
10+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I will be taking the MCAT next year, so I wanted some suggestions on how to prepare for the MCAT.

I am a post bac and I'm taking Physics I this semester.

Summer I - Organic Chem I
Summer II - Physics II
Fall 08 - Organic Chem II and Comparative Vertebrae Anatome
Spring 09 - Biochem, and Genetics

I already took General Chem and General Bio back in 1997 and 1998 so I"m brushing up on that.

Planning to take the MCAT June or July 2009.

I am already studying for the Verbal part by doing passages from SAT, GRE, and GMAT books.

Any suggestions on what books I should use? Also what is better Kaplan or Princeton Review?

Thanks!

RSAgator

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2006
Status (Visible)
Well firstly, the SAT/GRE/GMAT passages are probably not quite on par with the MCAT ones in terms of difficulty. If you really want to practice verbal maybe find some LSAT passages. Take a look at some of the stickied threads up top (the 30+ thread is very good) and you'll get a better feel for what materials people use.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.