Prepare for DAT on Biology part.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grettlin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have a question for those who had taken DAT. I plan to take DAT in Aug. 03', but I start to worry about the biology part. According to my schedule, I can only finish General bio + Zoology before I take DAT. Some friends told my to finish micro and anatomy before I takt it. How do you think?
What I consider is to finish the test during the summer without affecting my school work in regular semester. Please give me some input and I do appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

No, it is not necessary to take Micro or anatomy before the DATS. Those may help with two or so questions, but really, all you need is general biology. The dats aren't going to ask you detailed questions about a certain bacterium so don't worry about what your freinds told you...
Gen Bio is fine!
Goodluck

I totally agree with Beagle...

I was also finished with taking genbio and zoology when i took DAT...I think that you don't need even zoology...

DAT questions do not deal with materials in depth...just understand general idea and memorize what you think is important...

Tha's enough...!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Beagle and Gobiz, thanks for your guys. Your comments are really appreciated. Since there are different kinds of opinions about the biology part in DAT, the best way I think is to ask the people like you who had taken DAT. Thanks a lot!

Grettlin
Think of it this way--for the Gen Chem section of the DATS, do they require you to have taken many advanced Gen Chem courses??? NO!!! One year of Gen Chem is all you need, and thus, one year of Gen Bio is all you need as well..
Goodluck to you!!