1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Prepare for Ochem2?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by OrphanageCaretaker, Aug 22, 2015.

1. OrphanageCaretaker

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Long story short, I finished Orgo 1 in Spring of 2015, summer of 15 I took Evolution and Cell biology, now it's practically fall and I'm taking Orgo 2, should there be studying done before the course starts? Or just like a simple review of Orgo 1, cause I would think a professor would give a review of Ochem1 the first week or two and then jump into new material

2. Needmyphone

Needmyphone SDN Gold Donor
    Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

If you can refresh on E1, SN1, E2 and SN2 reactions, along with stereochemistry, then you'll be fine. Otherwise, enjoy the rest of what's left of Summer.

3. PLAQUE-MAN

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    ^ I agree with the post above. Just spend as much time as you need to understand those reactions and the stereochemistry, solvents, etc. that go with each one. Other than that, enjoy the rest of your summer. You'll be fine! :)

4. jmcunnin

2+ Year Member

OP, since you completed Orgo 1...can you offer any advice on studying methods? I'm starting that class right now. Thanks!

5. OrphanageCaretaker

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Read and do practice problems daily ^

6. Scumbag_Steve

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Which is exactly the thing to do for Orgo II. My life would have been much easier had I listened to everyone. If you stay on top of it it's not hard, and if you're an idiot like me and don't, it turns out to be.

OrphanageCaretaker likes this.
  7. Hammer Time

Dude. Relax. I took Orgo II right after I took Orgo I and I had already forgotten all of Orgo I. There was a christmas break after the semester and in that time I had already forgotten all of Orgo I. Still pulled off an A.