Preparing for application PHARMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TofuBlock

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Hello!
I will be applying this upcoming cycle that is open in July 18th, 2019~
However, as I am preparing, I am confused as to "when" I should start requesting transcripts & letter of recommendations. Does PHARMCAS allow me to request them BEFORE the cycle opens?

If I am reading the instruction right then PHARMCAS only allows me to request them AFTER the cycle opens. I just need a confirmation if I am right >.<
THank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Are you applying early decision or regular? Either way I would start as early as possible, also I ended up sending in transcripts to Pharmcas multiple times, I think when I applied I sent them in after Summer1, Fall, & Spring, and maybe after Summer2, I cant remember that one though, but it's a good idea to keep it updated so whichever schools you apply for know how things are going. Also get your letters sent out ASAP, sometimes whomever is writing your letters can take their sweet time so it's better to give them as much time as possible. I don't think you can start the application before the cycle opens though.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello Hello!
However, as I am preparing, I am confused as to "when" I should start requesting transcripts & letter of recommendations. Does PHARMCAS allow me to request them BEFORE the cycle opens?

If I am reading the instruction right then PHARMCAS only allows me to request them AFTER the cycle opens. I just need a confirmation if I am right >.<
THank you.
I mean you can certainly ask the people who you want writing your letters before PharmCAS opens but just let them know that they'll be receiving an email with instructions to submit their letters on or around July 18 when the app opens. Don't request transcripts yet because PharmCAS makes you attach a cover sheet and you can only get that after the window opens.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Hello!

THank you.

Contact the individuals you want sending a LOR as soon as possible. Let them know to expect pharmCAS to give them further details on or around July 18th.

You cannot request official transcripts to be sent to PharmCAS until the cycle window opens up.

Hi yall,
I am also going to apply July 18th for early decision, I have all my LOR's , just took the PCAT yesterday. I was also confused at what point do we start requesting to send transcripts to Pharmcas but I am meeting with Feik UIW director Monday so I will be asking questions.

Hi yall,
I am also going to apply July 18th for early decision, I have all my LOR's , just took the PCAT yesterday. I was also confused at what point do we start requesting to send transcripts to Pharmcas but I am meeting with Feik UIW director Monday so I will be asking questions.

Unless a program specifically wants to do their own GPA calculations (and thus wish to have transcripts sent directly to them using the studenhouse transcript portal), You should be able to request transcripts to be sent directly to PharmCAS once the application cycle opens up.

As a side note: It never hurts to also have official transcripts sent directly to yourself and to safeguard them. Not so you can mail them out (as it needs to be mailed in an envelope directly or electronically sent from the school) but to at least give you a head start in filling out the PharmCAS transcript portion of your application. It needs to be word for word - period to period as it is written on your official transcripts and not necessarily as displayed on your university student portal.

Unless a program specifically wants to do their own GPA calculations (and thus wish to have transcripts sent directly to them using the studenhouse transcript portal), You should be able to request transcripts to be sent directly to PharmCAS once the application cycle opens up.

As a side note: It never hurts to also have official transcripts sent directly to yourself and to safeguard them. Not so you can mail them out (as it needs to be mailed in an envelope directly or electronically sent from the school) but to at least give you a head start in filling out the PharmCAS transcript portion of your application. It needs to be word for word - period to period as it is written on your official transcripts and not necessarily as displayed on your university student portal.
Got it thanks. To get started I have ordered a few copies of my transcripts in advanced that I have already received and also thank God my current college allows me to electronically send. As soon as Pharmcas opens on July 18th I will begin the app process.

Hello Hello!

THank you.
Good luck to you, maybe we will cross paths.

Just completed and submitted my Pharmcas app

I too am applying early decision and am in the process of getting transcripts and LOR sent. Don't we have to wait for our PCAT scores to be submitted before we can finish the application?

I too am applying early decision and am in the process of getting transcripts and LOR sent. Don't we have to wait for our PCAT scores to be submitted before we can finish the application?

Verification pending PCAT score should not have any hindrance on the rest of your application. It is just a matter of transferring that takes place from your test site to PharmCAS and from PharmCAS to your chosen school.