preparing for dental school. help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sulki916

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am applying to dental schools for the 07 cycle n have a year off before i enter dental school.

i did not take biochemistry and physiology courses in undergrad. would u recommend taking those courses before i enter dental school so i wont be totally lost in dental school?

Thanks for your inputs! =)

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools require biochemistry, it will help in dental school even if it isn't required. The same for physiology or any human anatomy course.

Yes, it would help. But don't stress about it unless it is required for a school that you apply to. (You can learn what you need to even if you don't take the classes. Most other students will be in the same boat as you.) Also consider if the grade will be seen by admissions. If so, then ace it. If you are already accepted, a top grade is not as important. You just wouldn't want it to hurt your GPA with an elective science class.

Members don't see this ad :)
sulki916 said:
Hello everyone,

I am applying to dental schools for the 07 cycle n have a year off before i enter dental school.

i did not take biochemistry and physiology courses in undergrad. would u recommend taking those courses before i enter dental school so i wont be totally lost in dental school?

Thanks for your inputs! =)

If you have the time, I'd take biochem. I was somewhat lost in that class first semester, while many who had taken it were far more comfortable.

thanks everyone thats what i exactly wanted to know about biochem! =)