Preparing for Re-application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tree1996

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
So i was complete at my schools late August, applied to about 25 MD and 2 DO. From MD i have 1 interview coming up in 2 weeks at SUNY Upstate and from DO I had 1 interview at NYIT 2 months ago but no decision, so not feeling too good about that one. As of now I want to know if you guys think my plan below is fine in terms of preparing for a reapplication.

My stats are 3.75 cGPA, 3.71sGPA and a 514 MCAT.
In terms of EC's, I applied with 50 hours of clinical volunteering,250 hours of volunteering with my church and various other small activities

I think the mistake in this cycle for me was the lack of clinical and non clinical experience, applying late august and that I did not vet my letters and secondaries enough.

Do you guys think that applying with 200 hours clinical volunteering, 200 hours non clinical with the homeless, 1k hours as a ED med scribe and of course applying as early as possible is good enough for a re-applicant? I'm lucky enough to have gotten those 2 interviews, but I'm assuming the worst as of now. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I would get both clinical and non-clinical volunteering up. As far as specific number, it depends.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys think that applying with 200 hours clinical volunteering, 200 hours non clinical with the homeless, 1k hours as a ED med scribe and of course applying as early as possible is good enough for a re-applicant? I'm lucky enough to have gotten those 2 interviews, but I'm assuming the worst as of now. Thank you.

You have nice stats and you've made some great improvements with your ECs, so I think you're good to go. I'd add a DO shadowing letter (for DO schools, obviously). Hopefully you'll get in this cycle, but you've used your time wisely this year in case of a reapp. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
You have nice stats and you've made some great improvements with your ECs, so I think you're good to go. I'd add a DO shadowing letter (for DO schools, obviously). Hopefully you'll get in this cycle, but you've used your time wisely this year in case of a reapp. Good luck!
Thanks a lot! I have a DO shadowing letter already, hoping NYIT shows some love

Reactions: 1 user