Prepharm school help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dunlap25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so I'll be going to prepharm for the 2 years obviously, and I was just wondering does the school I go to matter? Also are all programs the same difficulty or will going to a better ranked one be harder and hurt my GPA.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay so I'll be going to prepharm for the 2 years obviously, and I was just wondering does the school I go to matter? Also are all programs the same difficulty or will going to a better ranked one be harder and hurt my GPA.
Anyone?

I don't think the school matters. Of course I'm sure there will be ppl that come in here and say University is better, but I think as long as you have good stats you should be fine. As far as difficulty goes, it's all the same material but the teacher makes a huge difference. Check out your teachers on ratemyprofessors.com and you can usually tell how difficult it might be. Just my opinion though :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think the school matters. Of course I'm sure there will be ppl that come in here and say University is better, but I think as long as you have good stats you should be fine. As far as difficulty goes, it's all the same material but the teacher makes a huge difference. Check out your teachers on ratemyprofessors.com and you can usually tell how difficult it might be. Just my opinion though :)
Yeah yeah I'm talking about university's thanks! So would there be no benefit to paying an extra like 15k to go to a more well known program versus a program less known for prepharm?

Yeah yeah I'm talking about university's thanks! So would there be no benefit to paying an extra like 15k to go to a more well known program versus a program less known for prepharm?

IMO no. I would think they will look at stats more. I'd save the 15K lol

I disagree. You will get a much better education at an established COP than a pharmD diploma mill. What's more important though are the associations that established state schools tend to have vs. private pharmacy schools. Namely access to research opportunities and better clinical rotation sites.

And there is a disparity in difficulty of the program. Pretty sure the curriculum is way more intense at UCSF vs. the COP I am at.

It kind of depends on what you want to do. If you want to get into a competitive residency or fellowship, I'd go with a better school. If you want to go into retail, it doesn't really matter.