Preping for THE test :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

portlander

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today, I drove out to the Sylvan Learning center just to see how long it took, and to get a look at where I'd be taking my test this friday. When I walked in, I told the prometric receptionist that I am taking the test on friday, and I just wanted to see what the facility looked like. She was very snappy towards me and said, "you can look from out THERE" and gestured towards the door. Needless to say, I left and felt that the lady was unccessarily rude.

So, I went to the grocery store and bought a bunch of Ben & Jerry's and some Tim's Cascade potato chips. I'll be fueling my brain with simple sugars and a nice helping of fats!!!

One more word for those of you still preping for your test in the future: I've taken every single practice test, subject test, computer test that I can get my hands on, and I have been making note cards of problems that I've missed on the practice tests since day 1. I must say these cards have been a tremendous resource to me....I've been going over them the last couple days. If I run into one I don't quite understand, I'll look it up in one of my college text books to make sure that the test-maker was correct. It really helps you spot Kaplan's and Topscore's mistakes.

And yesterday, I took a science test from an old released 1993 DAT, and I only missed 3 questions...that's a score of 27 on science. I'm not expecting that one the real DAT, but gee, those notecards I've made are a lifesaver!!

Good luck everyone...I will keep you updated on my progress!

Members don't see this ad.

How awesome you're going to feel when you're done! Get plenty of sleep this week. I could barely sleep the night before my test, which made me WISH I had been going to bed early at least a week before.

Know that you need only 4 1/2 hours of concentration and you're DONE forever with knowing about all that science crap you've shoved into your short term memory. Probably. At least, you HOPE you're done!:D I'm just kidding. I'm sure you'll do very well. Sounds like you've been scoring quite high on your practice tests. :clap:

Good luck from me. (By the way, I went to college in Walla Walla, also.)

Portlander,

I'm sure you'll do very well. I also studied from my college text book, plus Princeton review, kaplan and Topscore Pro and I got about 98% for every single subject. I also used the Kaplan note cards. They are helpful.
Best of luck on your test day. I'm sure you won't need it.
Tink

Members don't see this ad :)
Portlander, after the test you can rate the center. There is even a spot to type in comments. It might not make a difference but will make you feel better when you can type in your story. I wonder if someone even reads them? But hey, do it to make yourself feel better! I can't wait to see your scores. You are going to do great! Let us know!

MATT

I found the Kaplan notecards to be helpful when learning the Kaplan material, but I found the Kaplan material (bio mostly) to differ from the information tested for on the exam. If I would have been taking a Kaplan exam, I would have done much better.

Portlander....want to sell any of those cards when you are done with THE test?????

I have brand new, still in the shrink wrap and an another set which I used. These cards are invaluable. All I did the night before the exam was go over these cards and just put those cards to the side which gave me trouble and made sure I reviewed those a couple hours before the exam. They definately were a lifesaver. PM me if your interested. I'm still in Philly right now, but will be putting up some stuff for sale for those that are interested.

Regards,

DesiDentist

SJDent:

Walla walla? Did u know any of those REal World people? I think it was Tonya or Justin? Walla Walla seems pretty rural....