Prereq classes for mcat

Started by Mian97
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mian97

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi fellow premeds lend me your ears. A wise friend told me if I take the following classes I will be ready for new mcat. I want to take it at the end of sophomore year because I'm super busy during the school year so summer is the only viable time to study. Are these classes enough or do I need to take any additional classes before I start going ham for mcat
-gen chem 1+2
-orgo 1+2
-gen bio 1+2
-physics 1+2
-1 semester intro to psych
-1 semester intro to sociology
-1 semester biochem
I'm aiming for a 520+ and I'm going to do whatever it takes to get that score. #520blazeit


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Ya those are the only classes you need. I mean if you really want to take it after your sophomore year I guess you can, but don't be afraid to put it off for a year if you aren't scoring close to your target score since you have time. Scores expire so a lot of people like to take it right before they apply, but you do you.