Prereq Part 1 and 2 at different schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTHopeful12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum. I have been looking to see if any one has asked this question and I have not found it. If it has been asked please direct me to where I can find it. Thanks!
I took Physics 1 at my university 2 years ago. I since have graduated and then decided to go into PT. I need to take physics 2 but it is too far for me to travel to my university. Does anyone know if it is required to take both classes at the same university. I assume it will vary by school but in general if Part 1 transfers over to a different school, would they accept Part 2 from that school? Thanks in advance! I appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

I did the same thing...I can't imagine it would be an issue especially since the general sciences we are required to take have to cover a basic curriculum. Obviously, some schools are more challenging than others but the basic material is the same.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have my physics at 2 different universities, so I researched this alot. I cant find anything that says there is a problem. I really dont think schools care where, as long as you have taken the course.

I did chem I & II at two different schools, and same thing with physics I&II...as long as your courses cover all the required concepts (light, magnets, electricity, etc), then you're fine.