Prerequisite for Pharmacy Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

konp

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I am interested in applying for pharmacy schools and many of my science classes are expired. What is the quickest way to take the prerequisite classes without waiting so long to get in them?

I'm looking at the classes at the local community colleges but I am very afraid that I might not be able to get in the classes quick enough. I want to take the classes and get them over within 1.5 years.

Any suggestions are welcome! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Community college would be optimal considering courses are cheaper than university.

Thanks for the quick response!

What about some post baccalaureate programs ? do you think it's necessary to get in there to take those classes?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!

I am interested in applying for pharmacy schools and many of my science classes are expired. What is the quickest way to take the prerequisite classes without waiting so long to get in them?

I'm looking at the classes at the local community colleges but I am very afraid that I might not be able to get in the classes quick enough. I want to take the classes and get them over within 1.5 years.

Any suggestions are welcome! Thank you!

If pharmacy is truly it, I’d do as mentioned and try to take as many as you could at a cc. If you happen to know what specific schools your interested in I’d contact them. Certain schools want to see specific lab portions in 4 yr public schools (some not all) and I’d avoid online labs that coincide with your classes at all cost (ie gen chem, molecular bio, OChem, etc).

Thanks for the quick response!

What about some post baccalaureate programs ? do you think it's necessary to get in there to take those classes?

Only do a post-bacc if you have a low GPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only do a post-bacc if you have a low GPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah I think I'm going to stick to CC. my gpa was decent . I think it can make it through the app process.

How much work experience do you have?