prerequisites I and II at 2 different colleges?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ronaldo23

The Truth
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
asking on behalf of a friend applying to schools with "1 year general biology with lab ..."

one of my friends took an intro bio class 101 at his homecollege (not labeled 101, but the equivalent that is called something else). After graduating, he took the 102 at another school since he moved across the country. His question is: do courses need to be taken in series at the same school to meet requirements, or can he get away with Bio 101 at one school and the equivalent Bio 102 with lab at another?

Members don't see this ad.

As long as they are equivalent to the 1st year of general biology for science majors, he/she should be fine. Typically one semester is about cells, DNA to proteins, genetics, etc. and the other semester is about ecology and evolution.

As long as they are equivalent to the 1st year of general biology for science majors, he/she should be fine. Typically one semester is about cells, DNA to proteins, genetics, etc. and the other semester is about ecology and evolution.

+1

Further on this topic, though, how many schools strictly require a year of general biology? I took the first semester of it, and moved on to upper-division.....hopefully this won't be a problem at too many places???