Presbyterian College Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
But they said that the earliest you would know if accepted will be 10 days before they will call you so how come you got a call so early, I am just curious ??

But congrats !!

Our faculty are working hard to get through the acceptance process as.quickly as possible! Sometimes they get ahead of schedule! Congrats on being called for an interview! I know its hard waiting on a call.... ive been in your shoes! Just remember in the end all of it is worth it! Good luck to all of you! I sure was impressed with the professional behavior of all of you that have interviewed thus far!

Members don't see this ad.

Its been two weeks since my interview. I have 't heard anything positive or negative from the school. Anyone knows how long the wait is going to be?

But they said that the earliest you would know if accepted will be 10 days before they will call you so how come you got a call so early, I am just curious ??

But congrats !!
I have no idea but it was pretty quick. The other 3 people I know that were accepted received the acceptance call about 10 days after their interview. I was really surprised to get an acceptance call on a Saturday too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I got accepted as well. They called me three days after my interview. It's funny because I was pretty sure I did horrible on the interview plus my gpa is on the borderline and my pcat score is well below a 50 but I still got accepted?? I thought it was going to be hard gettin into this school, given that they only accept 80 students.

Just curious, what are the stats of the people who got accepted?

Yes I got accepted as well. They called me three days after my interview. It's funny because I was pretty sure I did horrible on the interview plus my gpa is on the borderline and my pcat score is well below a 50 but I still got accepted?? I thought it was going to be hard gettin into this school, given that they only accept 80 students.

Just curious, what are the stats of the people who got accepted?

In my class, the class of 2014, we have a great mix of those that had really high scores and those that were on the boarder line. The difference in this program and others, is that your test scores aren't the only thing that get you in. You must exhibit the characteristics of a pharmacist as well. The smartest pharmacist isn't always the best pharmacist, keep that in mind. Your personality and your interaction with patients goes a long way as well.

That's a great news for those of you who has gotten accepted :))) I am still waiting to get a call from them hopefully I get a call sometime soon in the coming up week, it has already been 10 days, just praying now !!

Its been two weeks since my interview. I have 't heard anything positive or negative from the school. Anyone knows how long the wait is going to be?

Hey I m in the same boat as you, when was your interview ?? Was it on 24th jan ??

I interviewed Jan 24th and received my acceptance Feb 3rd. I am currently at Appalachian State University in NC and I am so excited to be apart of PCSP 2016!!

I interviewed Jan 24th and received my acceptance Feb 3rd. I am currently at Appalachian State University in NC and I am so excited to be apart of PCSP 2016!!

We are so excited to meet all of you! Welcome to the family! :)

would they let someone know if they did not get in?? or how does that work ??

Yes they will let you know if you are accepted, being put on the wait list, or, yes, if you don't get in. Unfortunately, they can't accept everyone. I sure wish they could because as I said in an earlier feed, I know I, as a fellow pharmacy student, thought all those interviewing were very professional and seemed like they would make excellent pharmacists some day. Best of luck to you! I hope you enjoyed your visit with us, we enjoyed having you!

Congratulations!!!:highfive:

Yes they will let you know if you are accepted, being put on the wait list, or, yes, if you don't get in. Unfortunately, they can't accept everyone. I sure wish they could because as I said in an earlier feed, I know I, as a fellow pharmacy student, thought all those interviewing were very professional and seemed like they would make excellent pharmacists some day. Best of luck to you! I hope you enjoyed your visit with us, we enjoyed having you!

Do you think I should call them if it's over a month and i still don't hear anything from them or so if they don't call ? It hasn't been a month yet but just wondering...?? Or should i not call and just wait patiently.:xf::xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think I should call them if it's over a month and i still don't hear anything from them or so if they don't call ? It hasn't been a month yet but just wondering...?? Or should i not call and just wait patiently.:xf::xf::xf:

You should hear something within a month. However, keep in mind that if you are put on the wait list, a letter will have to be mailed and arrive at your residence. I would say six weeks or so and then I'd call. One month may still be a little soon. I know it's killing you waiting. I've been right in your shoes before and it's not fun! :/ But best of wishes!

I interviewed on Jan 24th as well and I received a call on Friday. I am super excited to be attending PCSP next year. Class of 2016!! can't wait to meet all of you!!

I interviewed on Jan 24th as well and I received a call on Friday. I am super excited to be attending PCSP next year. Class of 2016!! can't wait to meet all of you!!

Congratulations and welcome to the PCSP family! :)

You should hear something within a month. However, keep in mind that if you are put on the wait list, a letter will have to be mailed and arrive at your residence. I would say six weeks or so and then I'd call. One month may still be a little soon. I know it's killing you waiting. I've been right in your shoes before and it's not fun! :/ But best of wishes!

Thanks for your help. I hope I do get in b/c I really like this school. If I get wait listed then am I going to be in a specific order or are they still going o review all of their remaining applicants do you know ??

Thanks for your help. I hope I do get in b/c I really like this school. If I get wait listed then am I going to be in a specific order or are they still going o review all of their remaining applicants do you know ??

They will accept enough to occupy most of the seats, however, in most application processes there are a handful to numerous applicants in some cases that will not accept due to location, preferences, and other school offers. So, being put on the wait list doesn't mean you wont get in, but simply says that your acceptance is dependent on what those accepted decide. I wish you the best of luck though!

They will accept enough to occupy most of the seats, however, in most application processes there are a handful to numerous applicants in some cases that will not accept due to location, preferences, and other school offers. So, being put on the wait list doesn't mean you wont get in, but simply says that your acceptance is dependent on what those accepted decide. I wish you the best of luck though!

Thanks a lot !! :thumbup:

this waiting for Presbyterian is scaryy :((( I've waited and it's been 9 days.

I say we need to start a new thread that is titled "Presbyterian college School of Pharmacy class of 2016"....discussing housing options and whatnot

How has everyone's interviews been in the last couple of weeks? We've enjoyed having you on campus!

I interviewed on 1/31 and i heard nothing...
Wonder what this means...
Waitlisted or declined?
Making me sad..;;

I interviewed on 1/31 and i heard nothing...
Wonder what this means...
Waitlisted or declined?
Making me sad..;;

I suspect that PC is waiting to hear back from some of the students who have been offered admission to see if they are going to accept the offer; everyone has two weeks to think about it from the date that they are accepted before PC requires a final answer from them with a deposit.

Unfortunately, there are only 80 seats available, so they cannot offer seats to more than 80 people at one time. But there are a good portion of people who decline seats for various reasons in every program, so I would not be discouraged, especially if you have good stats and had a good interview.

Also, this is the "busy season" for pharmacy schools. Most of the interviews take place between January - March, and it is more competetive due to there being a significantly higher number of applicants relative to the number of seats remaining in each program.

Good luck, and I'm hoping you hear good news soon! :thumbup:

I suspect that PC is waiting to hear back from some of the students who have been offered admission to see if they are going to accept the offer; everyone has two weeks to think about it from the date that they are accepted before PC requires a final answer from them with a deposit.

Unfortunately, there are only 80 seats available, so they cannot offer seats to more than 80 people at one time. But there are a good portion of people who decline seats for various reasons in every program, so I would not be discouraged, especially if you have good stats and had a good interview.

Also, this is the "busy season" for pharmacy schools. Most of the interviews take place between January - March, and it is more competetive due to there being a significantly higher number of applicants relative to the number of seats remaining in each program.

I agree completely! Also remember that not only are individuals still waiting to accept, there are also plenty of students that will take the$1000 deposit cut just to hold their spot and will later decide to go somewhere else. Thus, this will open up spots for those on the wait list. There is still hope! :) Best of luck to all of you that have recently interviewed and those of you who are still waiting.

yeah; true true
but I dont even know I got waitlisted or not.
Like I heard nothing from them after the interview.
It's been 3 weeks now.
sigh... like I am the point where I am not nervous anymore.. haha..

yeah; true true
It's been 3 weeks now.

Yea I know it's tough waiting! I really think it's just because they are waiting to see how many accept before the tell too many that they are wait listed or not accepted. I wish you the best of luck though.

@PCSPstudent.... I know the Pharmacy School has an maturing program and is young, but has there been any students that have failed out or dropped out?

yeah; true true
It's been 3 weeks now.

I am feeling the same way !!

@PCSPstudent.... I know the Pharmacy School has an maturing program and is young, but has there been any students that have failed out or dropped out?

We had three drop out, however, 2 were due to medical leave. Both classes, as a whole, however, have really been doing well. If you keep up with your studies the professors set you up to succeed. They give you everything you need, but the issue is usually when students get behind and don't keep up. The pace never slows down so you have to stay on top of things.

I declined my offer last week. Hopefully that frees up a spot for someone else. I really like the school but a few other factors came into play when it came down to the decision to decline the offer.

I found out I got accepted two days ago on the 20th! :soexcited:. I love the school. I had a great time meeting the faculty and students.

I found out I got accepted two days ago on the 20th! :soexcited:. I love the school. I had a great time meeting the faculty and students.

Congratulations!!! :highfive:

pcspstudent, just out of curiosity (not trying to delve too deeply into anyone's personal life here), do you know if the students who left for medical reasons will be allowed to re-enroll and pick up where they left off after they recover if they are able to fully recover?

Congratulations!!! :highfive:

pcspstudent, just out of curiosity (not trying to delve too deeply into anyone's personal life here), do you know if the students who left for medical reasons will be allowed to re-enroll and pick up where they left off after they recover if they are able to fully recover?

All of the students who left for medical reasons are allowed to return, pretty much no questions asked. The only thing that must be done is you must start "fresh" with the next class. For example, I am a P2 but say I got sick and had to leave during this spring semester...I would have to wait until the next classes spring semester to pick back up where I left off. So the timing thing is the only bad thing about it. They are very understanding...and as far as grades, the school really works to set up a system to let you know that you need to work harder. They don't just wait for you to fail out. I know you'll love the school. I know I do. Congratulations and welcome to the family! :)

had an interview on 1/31/12 just received my acceptance today!! so excitedddd!! for those of you who are waiting to hear back dont give up:soexcited:

had an interview on 1/31/12 just received my acceptance today!! so excitedddd!! for those of you who are waiting to hear back dont give up:soexcited:

Congrats! We are so excited to welcome you to the PCSP faculty. If you need anything at all my email is [email protected]. I'd be happy to help you. Congrats again!

Hey I interviewed back in jan and I still haven't heard anything back. Do you think I should give them a call or something ??

My advice would be to give it a couple more weeks. I know that some people that were waiting for a while just got notified, however, keep in mind to that this week is PCSP's spring break. With the high volume of applicants and recent interviews the faculty have been working hard to go through and selected the best candidates for the program. I know it's hard to wait. I've been there. Best of luck and let me know if you have any further questions.

Hey has anyone received an acceptance that interviewed in late February 2012 or later? After reading this forum I see that some people haven't heard anything and are in the same boat as I am. I must say that I leave my phone on loud every night hoping that I'll be woken up by an acceptance call from PC. sigh... STRESSFUL times!!

Im in that same situation.
I interviewed on jan 29 and i still didnt hear anything
I even thought there was something wrong with my phone -.-
I hope ill hear something soon

Hey has anyone received an acceptance that interviewed in late February 2012 or later? After reading this forum I see that some people haven't heard anything and are in the same boat as I am. I must say that I leave my phone on loud every night hoping that I'll be woken up by an acceptance call from PC. sigh... STRESSFUL times!!

I got put on the alternate list today. Has this happened to anyone before here and what do you think of my chances of getting in are???

I got put on the alternate list today. Has this happened to anyone before here and what do you think of my chances of getting in are???

If you are on the waiting list, you still have a pretty good shot to get an acceptance letter down the road.

For example, I have a close friend who applied to physical therapy school this year: she received two rejections, one acceptance, and one waitlist spot. Oddly enough, the school to which she was accepted is the most "prestigious" of the four, but the school to which she was waitlisted is really her first choice. She was initially ranked #9 on the waiting list earlier this month, and she became discouraged because she felt like she would not gain admittance, but she received a letter over the weekend, and she is now #2 on the waiting list.

I'm not sure if your rank on the waiting list was disclosed to you or not, but the "take home" is that most schools usually delve pretty deeply into their waiting lists for various reasons.

I've also heard tales of students not showing up for orientation or class because the applicant chose to attend elsewhere and didn't have the courtesy to notify the school, and the school will typically contact students from their waiting list to fill that applicant's spot; I've heard of this happening at Campbell and it happened to a friend of mine who is now a P4 at SCCP in Columbia.

Last edited: