Presbyterian College Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoJoatFred123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am new here and have been searching the web looking at new schools that are opening in fall 2010. I found the Presbyterian website and it looks good anyone looking at applying here or know other info.

Members don't see this ad.

I am new here and have been searching the web looking at new schools that are opening in fall 2010. I found the Presbyterian website and it looks good anyone looking at applying here or know other info.

I am planning to apply here. I live in South Carolina and PC is a respected school in SC. They are not yet accredited but I'm assuming that they will be before graduation. I'm not exactly sure how that works. The Dean of the Pharmacy program is very well respected to, from what I've heard.

I have applied! We will have to wait til June to make sure they get pre-candidate status. But all looks good!

They don't start interviewing for awhile... not until January. Now we just have to wait.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told that PC had their pre-candidate visit and it went well. I was also told they would find out in January. I see others are applying so I may join that club. I like the South anyway much warmer. Anyone else interested go to www.presby.edu and check it out.

Heading to the PCSP Open house this weekend. Will let you know what I find out.

Visited the open house this past weekend. Beautiful campus and very nice small town atmosphere. I eraned a lot about the program. They have a solid faculty with much experience. The Dean has started several schools before and the program is very student oriented. I liked what they have to offer and there were other potential applicants that were there. About 25-30 as a matter of fact. Many of us talked and it will be one of our top choices. They are not hung up on the PCAT but grades and the overall make-up of the student is important to them. I have heard other schools tell me that but they seem to mean it!

Visited the open house this past weekend. Beautiful campus and very nice small town atmosphere. I eraned a lot about the program. They have a solid faculty with much experience. The Dean has started several schools before and the program is very student oriented. I liked what they have to offer and there were other potential applicants that were there. About 25-30 as a matter of fact. Many of us talked and it will be one of our top choices. They are not hung up on the PCAT but grades and the overall make-up of the student is important to them. I have heard other schools tell me that but they seem to mean it!

The school sounds a lot like SUCOP. If you want to go to school in a larger town check it out.

Hello, has anyone interviewed at Presbyterian college. How is the interview procedure, what kind of questions do they ask, what is the test about? Any information will be good. Thanks

hi, i interviewed there. it was a really nice campus in a small town. the staff is great and make you feel at ease. the interview process was not stressful at all. you will interview with a couple of faculty members, one at a time. the test is pretty much all common sense questions. The questions they asked me were all about my pharmacy work experience. no ethics questions or anything like that. basics, why pharmacy...why presbyterian college...etc. although it is a new school they are going to have an awesome program. i decided to go to my home state school , fully accredited, etc for $$ reasons. this school is pretty expensive but will be fully accredited eventually with no problem i think. im pretty sure they are trying to find the highest quality candidates for their first class. good luck!

Hello thank you for the feedback PHARM2BeUC. I greatly appreciate it, one last thing to ask where did you stay and are there any motels or any information would be great. Thanks

Hi, I interviewed there and was accepted. I made a sheet with the questions asked and helpful tips during the interview process for a co-worker. If you leave your email address i can send you the document.

Hello ohso0ri3nt41 that would be great, because I have interview on Wednesday 10 2010 in march. This would be great help. My email is [email protected] Also any feedback or suggestion would be great. Thanks for all the help.

Members don't see this ad :)
osoOri3nt41 I see you are attending PC this fall. Where are you from?

I thought the interview was very laid back and allowed you room to "distinguish" yourself so-to-speak.

Oddly enough, unlike the interview experience from a member's previous post, I got a lot of ethical/situational based questions..."what would you do if you saw a nurse using the same size blood pressure cuff on everyone" (I thought this one was really out of left field but still interesting). Anyway, just be yourself and let them get a good sense of what you can bring to their program. Remember, they are new and will try to look for characteristics in their first class that will lay a solid foundation so make sure to think about your answers with that in mind.

I really liked the school and the whole interview process was one of the reasons I'm going there this Fall, so I wish you luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, I interviewed at PC on 3/3/10 and was told tht we should hear if we're accepted or not by the next weeek (which is now). I was wondering if anyone on the board had the interview at the same time and heard back yet??? im starting to get worried.

I liked the school as well so I'm going to go here over some of my other choices even though it is a new school. I had a really good connection with the faculty and staff.

I also got into PC.. After going to the interview and campus tour I was really impressed with the school, faculty and program. They genuinly seemed intrested in what u had to say and all were odviously excited to be opening the school in 2010. Unlike other interviews where I felt that I could have been talking to the wall for all they cared. Ive chosen PC and am really excited:soexcited: to be the inaugural class 2014

hey smoky, when was your interview and when did they let you know you were accepted? was it by phone?

I had an interview Feb 25, I recieved a call 7 days later in the late afternoon with exceptance and recieved a letter in the mail a few days later.

I found out like less than a week after my interview, by phone and mail. My interview was in February. I agree rxgirl2014, they did seem interested, I feel like I was actually interviewing them..haha. Only downside is It's an expensive school, but I knew that before the interview..overall I feel It will be just as good as most established schools. Plus every established school was new at some point!..haha

anybody out there who has interviewed or been accepted lately?

Presbyterians is an acronym for Britney Spears! I just found that out recently on AOL news. Cool beans. :)

I am interested in applying at PC. I am also going to apply at USC and South. Of course I am far from applying as I just started my pre reqs, but if anyone has any adivce or tips about getting in to PC (such as what your GPA, PCAT, pharmacy experience was, etc.) that would be greatly appreciated!!

I got placed on their alternate list. anybody else out there with recent news from PC?

Hey guys, I just got accepted yesterday morning!! im very excited

I actually left them a thank you card stating that I enjoyed their interview process and and thought they would be a great candidate for my choices and would like to accept their program, so it was more like I choose them, or "accepted" them.

Hi all,
how do you apply to this school?
Do you just apply to PharmCAS or you need to do any supplemental application?
I read their website but have no clue still..

Check it out for 2011. It is a great school and having a great time here.

pharmacy.presby.edu

Are you a current student at Presbyterian or do you work there? I have applied and my application is complete but I haven't heard anything yet. :)

Are you really having fun in Clinton, SC?

I thought about applying to Presby (I'm from SC), but there is no way in he// I would want to live in Clinton, thus nixing the app.

Great place to go to school. Wonderful facilities, faculty really care and it may be a small town but our class has really become close and that makes it a lot of fun.

You need to check it out it is better than most of the other new schools I had seen and better than some of the established schools in this area!

Clinton is a small town, but it really allows you to focus on school. I am a current student, and I have never seen such a committed staff. They are willing to go out of their way for each and every student. I am also very impressed with the program, the staff, and the opportunities available to students and look forward to the rest of my career at PCSP.

You need to be more thorough if you want to apply to pharmacy school:
http://www.presby.edu/pharmacy/admissions/application.html

and FAQs:
http://www.presby.edu/pharmacy/admissions/FAQ.html

We have a new site up and running now. The site is pharmacy.presby.edu. This new site offers links for current and prospective students. It also offers insight from professors, videos of students and the facility, and current information needed for admissions. Hope this is useful to you and many others!

i have my interview on wednesday the 26th. wish me luck.

has anybody else heard back from the director of admissions?

how did your interview go?

any tips?

Hi, I interviewed there and was accepted. I made a sheet with the questions asked and helpful tips during the interview process for a co-worker. If you leave your email address i can send you the document.

Hi, I am going to have an interview next week at Presbyterian. Would you please send me the sheet you made too? Anything will be great. Thanks very much for your help!!
email: [email protected]

Hey, I have an interview there on Feb 9 with PCSP can also send me a list with all the interview questions to [email protected].

Hey I am interviewing feb 1rst i know it's a bit late but can you send me one as well, [email protected], thanks.

Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy admits students based on academic criteria, as well as, the student’s ability to communicate, the student’s involvement in volunteer work, the student’s exploration of pharmacy as a profession, the student’s recommendation letters, and finally the student’s on site interview. Academically, the student is required to have a minimum pre-pharmacy GPA of 2.75 and a cumulative GPA of a 2.5 when other classes are added into the GPA. The PCAT is another academic requirement needed to be considered for admission at PCSP. At this time, there is no minimum score requirement for the PCAT, however, it is important to understand that each year students will be evaluated based on other students applying during that year, therefore, each year the average PCAT will change. The PCSP admissions staff truly looks for an individual that has a history of service to their community. At PCSP, there is a huge initiative to have every student involved in community service. The motto of Presbyterian College is “while we live, we serve”. In every aspect of the pharmacy school, this too is upheld. The admissions staff also looks for someone who has explored the profession of pharmacy. This can range from working in a pharmacy to interning, shadowing, or simply interviewing a pharmacist. This shows initiative on behalf of the student, to understand what pharmacy is all about. Finally, the admissions staff will review letters of recommendation, resumes, and essays submitted with the application for admittance to PCSP. If the student is selected for an interview, the student is asked to visit campus for an onsite interview. During this time, students will be able to interact with faculty and tour the facilities. If you are interested in applying to PCSP, please feel free to fill out an application at http://www.pharmacy.presby.edu or simply consult the website for further questions regarding the program. *Remember to always note deadlines before submitting applications. Applications for fall 2012 will be available in the summer months ahead.

please help with interview tips.

Last edited:
Hi, I am going to have an interview next week at Presbyterian. Would you please send me the sheet you made too? Anything will be great. Thanks very much for your help!!
email: [email protected]

how was the interview? i have my interview this week.

Please keep in mind that distributing and using interview questions is a violation of conduct at Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy. All applicants who are invited for interviews are required to sign a waiver stating that they will not disclose questions to any other applicant. If the Admissions committee at PCSP is to become aware of this, the application will be thrown out. We want everyone to have equal opportunities when it comes to the interview. Thank you!

I had an interview on 16th :) it was fun, and hopefully I hear a good news from them

Last edited:
Hii.. I have an interview on feb 23rd. do you mind if you can email me the sheet on [email protected] and any other information you think would help me to get into this school.

Thank You

Hii.. I have an interview on feb 23rd. do you mind if you can email me the sheet on [email protected] and any other information you think would help me to get into this school.

Thank You

Please keep in mind that distributing and using interview questions is a violation of conduct at Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy. All applicants who are invited for interviews are required to sign a waiver stating that they will not disclose questions to any other applicant. If the Admissions committee at PCSP is to become aware of this, the application will be thrown out. We want everyone to have equal opportunities when it comes to the interview. Thank you!